Gaming Zelda Wii U delayed to 2016

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Good to know it's still coming in 2016 but it could also very well be on NX as a cross-platform.

I'm going to laugh my socks off if NX doesn't turn out to be a Wii U successor and will instead be some mobile nonsense. The initial graph suggested that it will be sold alongside the 3DS and the Wii U, which is reason enough to worry. :rofl2:
"Wii U successor" now that doesn't sound very promising or good. :hateit:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know it's still coming in 2016 but it could also very well be on NX as a cross-platform.

"Wii U successor" now that doesn't sound very promising or good. :hateit:

Yes because all Nintendo successors are doomed to fail from the start. Surprised you didn't know that by now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo's coffin needs many nails to be closed shut. I remember Iwata saying that it's a "new concept" and it's not supposed to "replace the 3DS or the Wii U", so for all we know it could be a blender or an elaborate tire iron. :rofl2:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's coffin needs many nails to be closed shut. I remember Iwata saying that it's a "new concept" and it's not supposed to "replace the 3DS or the Wii U", so for all we know it could be a blender or an elaborate tire iron. :rofl2:

Hey, that still could sell a lot, never know when you need to combine those two :creep:

D

Deleted User

I'm going to laugh my socks off if NX doesn't turn out to be a Wii U successor and will instead be some mobile nonsense. The initial graph suggested that it will be sold alongside the 3DS and the Wii U, which is reason enough to worry. :rofl2:
I heard something about the NX being called the "new Wii U".
I think it sounds kinda like bullshit but idk

Reactions: thorasgar

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes because all Nintendo successors are doomed to fail from the start. Surprised you didn't know that by now.

The Wii was a shovelware shitter with very little quantity of quality games and the same applies to the Wii U, but at least with the Wii U being an utter commercial failure there isn't too much shit on it. Well, there's around 200-250 so it's still a lot.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
"Introducing the Nintentoaster! Capable of sending a wireless stream of the toasting process to either your 3DS or your Wii U gamepad, you'll unlock amazing classic Nintendo games the more you toast and interact. Get toasting or get gone!

Nintentoaster set to launch October 2016. Prepare your loaves."

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Introducing the Nintentoaster! Capable of sending a wireless stream of the toasting process to either your 3DS or your Wii U gamepad, you'll unlock amazing classic Nintendo games the more you toast and interact. Get toasting or get gone!

I was gonna say, "my loaf is ready" but I fear that to somehow have some deeply imbued Freudian connotation.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have a feeling that it will be so innovative that nobody will know what the f*ck they're supposed to do with it. :lol:

It'll be 2025 and people still won't know what the Wii U will exactly do. Does the tablet controller play gamecards? Can I use the tablet anywhere? Is the Wii U an add-on for the Wii? :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Nintendo will become everyone's bread and butter, they finally stopped loafing about! ;O;

Reactions: the_randomizer

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo seems to like officially announcing hardware a year before their intended release at this point, so unless Nintendo officially reveals the NX in late 2015, I wouldn't expect to see it before 2017.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm fairly certain the NX will be a console/handheld hybrid and will launch in 2017. I have these reasons to think so:

-I doubt Nintendo would launch a console the same year as it's announced. Since they're already flipping off the Wii U, I can only assume that they've started work on the NX's launch games, so unlike past generations they'll have quality content on day one of release.
-A 2017 launch would give the Wii U a full 5-year life span, as Nintendo promised.
-The launch of the New 3DS (this generation's DSi, GBA SP, Game Boy Mini) indicates that the 3DS's time in the sun is also approaching its end. That also makes sense considering by 2017 it'll already have exceeded Nintendo's average life span for consoles.
-Instead of developing two consoles simultaneously as well as titles for each, an ideal solution for Nintendo would be to develop a single unit that acts as both. The controller will have a screen on it, but unlike the Wii U Game Pad it doubles as a handheld and can be played on the go.

The Nintendo Cross (X) Platform

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Instead of developing two consoles simultaneously as well as titles for each, an ideal solution for Nintendo would be to develop a single unit that acts as both. The controller will have a screen on it, but unlike the Wii U Game Pad it doubles as a handheld and can be played on the go.

Oh no. A Dreamcast clone. It's fated to be Nintendo's swan song.

Reactions: Deleted User

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
If they really do cannibalize their handheld division to try to boost the success of their home console division, Nintendo is sunk.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Launch Title: I Am Bread

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm fairly certain the NX will be a console/handheld hybrid and will launch in 2017. I have these reasons to think so:

-I doubt Nintendo would launch a console the same year as it's announced. Since they're already flipping off the Wii U, I can only assume that they've started work on the NX's launch games, so unlike past generations they'll have quality content on day one of release.
-A 2017 launch would give the Wii U a full 5-year life span, as Nintendo promised.
-The launch of the New 3DS (this generation's DSi, GBA SP, Game Boy Mini) indicates that the 3DS's time in the sun is also approaching its end. That also makes sense considering by 2017 it'll already have exceeded Nintendo's average life span for consoles.

I think NX might stand for "new experience", in which case whatever it is, it will probably have a new control style or in another way be something entirely new and unique. It will be interesting to see.
They've said that it's not meant to replace the existing consoles but to complement them, so it's hard to imagine what it might be.
The Wii was a shovelware shitter with very little quantity of quality games and the same applies to the Wii U, but at least with the Wii U being an utter commercial failure there isn't too much shit on it. Well, there's around 200-250 so it's still a lot.
There are a ton of great games on the Wii, both 1st and 3rd party. Ton of shovelware too, but that's what happens to popular systems.
And some games went a little overboard with the motion controls.
Still one of Nintendo's strongest systems, and best sellers. It had something for everyone, casuals and hardcore gamers or those somewhere inbetween.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk