Zelda Wii May Not Come Until 2011

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Zelda Wii May Not Come Until 2011
Nintendo Japan revealed the schedule for upcoming games.
Well for the US atleast.

Nintendo Japan has revealed the schedules for upcoming video game titles in their latest Financial Results Briefing for 2010. Legend of Zelda Wii is still set as a TBA (to be announced) release date for Japan, but the game is not listed at all for Europe or the United States...

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least it makes sense now.

Can't have one side of Nintendo say they're taking their time and have another side say they're getting out before the end of the year, now can we?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
PyroSpark said:
Well this sucks. :/

If more development time can make the game better, you better believe that I am all for it!

I played TP and Windwaker and thought that both were amazing (the only 3D Zelda games that I've played). I've been thinking about "splurging" a bit and buying a used copy of the GC port of OoT, especially with all the praise that everyone seems to give it...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
monkat said:
PyroSpark said:
Well this sucks. :/

If more development time can make the game better, you better believe that I am all for it!

I played TP and Windwaker and thought that both were amazing (the only 3D Zelda games that I've played). I've been thinking about "splurging" a bit and buying a used copy of the GC port of OoT, especially with all the praise that everyone seems to give it...

QFT.
Also, we're going to receive some epic first party titles this year, I won't be really disappointed if they put this in 2011.

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fuck that shit
hate2.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait until they confirm a date at E3 before you start crying.

Also you should remember that Nintendo did say they intend to release it at the end of the year, they never said it will definitely get a release then. This is what they do, they like to make sure everything is finely tuned with their top franchises. Something I wish they did with Spirit Tracks.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
This isn't news. Nobody had promised a 2010 delivery.

It has been said by Aonuma and Miyamoto as well I believe that we could see Zelda Wii release in 2010. Now it is most likely true, but only in Japan at the moment. If you meant a domestic (US) release date of 2010 then yes that has not been promised.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
avengedZC said:
Retal said:

It has been said by Aonuma and Miyamoto as well I believe that we could see Zelda Wii release in 2010. Now it is most likely true, but only in Japan at the moment. If you meant a domestic (US) release date of 2010 then yes that has not been promised.
Could isn't a confirmation.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Aw, that sucks, but it's better that they use the extra time to make the game better
biggrin.gif

Maybe because they want to get better visual quality: http://www.destructoid.com/zelda-team-want...cs-170253.phtml

I don´t know what to think with that. Because they say Zelda will have "incredible graphics".

I will be
tpi.gif
wtf.gif
wacko.gif
smileipb2.png
ninja.gif
blink.gif
ohmy.gif
went I see it in E3 trailer. Zelda on E3 = OMGWTF and great dossis of hype.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
avengedZC said:
Retal said:

Actually, the Nintendo president said we WILL see it before the end of 2010, so yes it was confirmed.

"“It is important to invest in software, with the future’s growing importance of possible software sales. In July, the new controller that can take readings (Vitality Sensor) should be popular, just like the new addition to Legend of Zelda series’, which is to be released before the end of 2010.”"

via

http://www.zeldac.com/2010/01/zelda-wii-in-2010

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
avengedZC said:
Gaydrian said:
avengedZC said:
Retal said:

Actually, the Nintendo president said we WILL see it before the end of 2010, so yes it was confirmed.

"“It is important to invest in software, with the future’s growing importance of possible software sales. In July, the new controller that can take readings (Vitality Sensor) should be popular, just like the new addition to Legend of Zelda series’, which is to be released before the end of 2010.”"

via

http://www.zeldac.com/2010/01/zelda-wii-in-2010

see and play are two diferent things!

i believe we might see it in E3. but play it? not a chance.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
which is to be released before the end of 2010.

But as I stated on the site, release dates and original intent do in fact change all the time...especially when it comes to Zelda.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't news. It says TBA because it hasn't been revealed yet. E3's the likely candidate. What's that got to do with release? Nintendo's moving towards a smaller and smaller window of release between announcing date/revealing software and the release.

Pessimistic speculation with no meaningful source.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
sillypatterson said:
This isn't news. It says TBA because it hasn't been revealed yet. E3's the likely candidate. What's that got to do with release? Nintendo's moving towards a smaller and smaller window of release between announcing date/revealing software and the release.

Pessimistic speculation with no meaningful source.

If it wasn't planned for a Q4 2010 release in Japan, then it would not have showed up in their schedule at all. Just like it didn't show up in the US/Europe 2010 schedule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol