klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I'm a hacker/modder from back in the DS and PSP days - added iPhone to the list, and eventually on to my very own OSX86 (PC) project! So I'm relavitly acustomed to these type of projects.

I want to go ahead and put out that I am 100% anti-piracy - all of my games are legally purchased -- I strongly believe in supporting developers for their hard work and excellent products.

Ok, with all that junk out of the way here is my issue:

Nintendo Wii (December 2011/2012 edition -- no GC controller inputs)
iOS58 v24.xx (I think the version is somewhat right)
4.3E
No bootmii on boot2 - I think. I remember that I have a Wii that this is not really possible or something.

Anywho...

All of my disks/USB games share the same save files stored on the Wii's internal storage except Zelda Skyward Sword. I think it may be due to the PAL vs NTFS (or whatever the letters are). Does anyone know how I can remedy the incongruency between the Disk and USB save?

The main issue is that I have a 54+ hour save game on Zelda SS and would like to continue it with the USB stored version --- AND -- be able to switch back to the Disk should anything go wrong.

I'm gonna go home tonight and try to make a different version of ZSS (PAL / NTFS) and see if that fixes things.

thanx

tim/klouud

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you weren't so much against piracy, the easiest way would be to find out what region your save is and download an ISO of that region. That said, how did you manage to get a save of a different region from the game itself anyway?

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Its not illegal to download ROMs of games you already own -- as long as you maintain a copy of the original. So are you saying that the Zelda USB game and Disk are different regions? How do I check this?

thanx for the reply Arras

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. Its not illegal to download ROMs of games you already own -- as long as you maintain a copy of the original. So are you saying that the Zelda USB game and Disk are different regions? How do I check this?

thanx for the reply Arras
Wait, what are you trying to do here? From what I understand:
1. You played ZSS from disk for a while and got 50+ hours of playtime
2. You copied it to USB
3. Your save file isn't read anymore

Something like that? The PAL vs NTSC thing in the OP confused me because the disk and USB should be the same region if you ripped it...

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about the terminology
yes - you are correct about most of the points.
I played the heck out of Zelda SS (54+ hours)

I softmodded my wii and installed all necessary software.
I can't get games to rip on my wii no matter what i do to try and fix
I was forced to download copies of the games I already own. And apparently ZSS is not the same region.
Can I compensate for this? Or do I need to go and get a ROM that is the same as my region?

thanx

tim

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH!! Wonderful. Thanx for the help guys. I now that my question/issue is on par for someone that is a major pirate. But I can take pix of my games with me and a current newspaper all on screen if you guys need me to prove myself.

thanx for the help again!

tim

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, ripping Wii games should be pretty easy. Just use the rip feature of your USB loader if it has one (I know CFG does) or use CleanRip or something similar. It just seems strange that your Wii apparently plays games fine, but ripping doesn't work.
Also @Shady a pirate would have that problem if his hard drive corrupted and he had mixed region games. He'd need to find out the region of each and every one of his save games to get his saves working again.

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried this iso renaming app for Win and it does its job... but the iso is still technically PAL so it won't switch to my original save. When I delete the "new" (PAL) save file from the Wii the game hangs on the Wii motion plus + nunchuck screen.

I guess I am going to have to find an origninal NTSC version and try that.

@ Arras - yeah. I can't figure it out. I can play ripped games all day long... but ALL of the loaders I try will hang on rip.

the only stuff I don't have installed are:
1. BootMii on Boot2
2. d2x cIOS (8)

It may be my Thumb Drive - PNY Attache 64GB. I have followed countless formating guides and nothing works. So I went with the native Wii format and use the iso loader for Wii.

It would be much faster and reliable to be able to rip my own games tho.

If any of you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to fix my ripping problem then that would be awesome!

thanx again

tim

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. I have a PNY Attache 64GB thumb drive and it is not compatible with write - only read. I used my Sandisk Cruzer 8GB thumb drive to rip and it worked!! So I transfer the native Wii files with a ripper/converter and then upload to the 64GB card! I CAN RIP MY OWN GAMES!! HOOORAY!! It takes a few extra steps... but at least I can do it myself!!

Now I need to figure out how to:
1. boot directly into USB Loader gx v3.0
2. remove all of the other loaders as WAD files - so they don't show up on my loader screen along with my other channels (the tutorial I used was malfrog's and it added all these other USB loaders that I don't like/use)

suggestions?

ps: thanx for the help guys!!

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What format is your 64GB stick? It has to be FAT for any loader to rip to it.

You might also try CleanRip if your drive is already formatted correctly-it doesn't require any CIOS to rip games, but you'll have to relocate the game on the drive.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
not sure about the terminology
yes - you are correct about most of the points.
I played the heck out of Zelda SS (54+ hours)

I softmodded my wii and installed all necessary software.
I can't get games to rip on my wii no matter what i do to try and fix
I was forced to download copies of the games I already own. And apparently ZSS is not the same region.
Can I compensate for this? Or do I need to go and get a ROM that is the same as my region?

thanx

tim
Use USB Loader GX and insert your Zelda SS disc while the USB Loader GX is open, USB Loader GX will ask you if you want to rip an trimmed .iso to your USB drive, exact region and everything.

I think both work for the same region.

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx guys. I fixed the issue. PNY's Attache 64Gb stick will read but not rip.
My Sandisk 8GB stick will read and write.
I rip to the 8GB, dump as ISO to PC, and load to the 64GB thumb drive.
After that I am free to play games from the 64GB card.

It is a minor inconvenience.

I have tried all of the various types of formats (NTFS, FAT32, FATex, Native Wii format)
The Native Wii format is the only one that works with what I have.

Thanx for the help

tim/klouud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio