Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem, have fun.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, we should isolate the cheats that are making the crashs...

It's probably the pointers ones.
If the pointer changes and the address pointed at is not valid, it would crash the game...

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, have fun.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, we should isolate the cheats that are making the crashs...

It's probably the pointers ones.
If the pointer changes and the address pointed at is not valid, it would crash the game...
it's mainly complicated ones like moon jump, run fast, refill health with button combo, and instant sword slash. also infinite epona carrots crashes it too. perhaps finding it for the US version directly instead of porting it would work? anyone with the US version could probably offer RAMdumps or even be taught where to look for the pointer codes and then give you the information to improve the plugin.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
refill health shouldn't crash the game. :/

Others are dynamic, so I should try another pointer.
I'll try to do it soon, but I'll going on vacation for at least two weeks in two days so if someone want to do it, the sources are available on my github.

How to find the right pointer ?
1- Do a dump of the process with my plugin (RAMExplorer) or with a gateway and expand the dump;
2- Search for a value like the normal size of link (3 times the same 4 bytes) in cheat engine;
3- Restart the game and do another dump;
4- Search again the same value and keep the different adresses

Now with the tempAR software, search for pointer by specifying the addresses in each dump.
Try the pointers tempAR give to you in the plugin.

Last edited by Nanquitas,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my experience the game crashes when i use the button combination for refilling health but not when i activate it in the menu. wouldnt it be better to freeze health and magic instead of having to activate it every time to refill it?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those code are from fort42. ;)

Now not all of the codes in fort42 are working, because there's a lot of codes which are dynamics and fort42 reference them as static.
I think the crashes mainly come from the pointer I choose to use, I'll try to check that today. ;)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry guys but it won't be soon, you'll have to wait that I come back from my holiday.

But I promise that I'll work on it to prevent crashes and I'll do the Majora's Mask cheats too.

If you wanna try to fix it before, the sources are available on my github.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry guys but it won't be soon, you'll have to wait that I come back from my holiday.

But I promise that I'll work on it to prevent crashes and I'll do the Majora's Mask cheats too.

If you wanna try to fix it before, the sources are available on my github.

Have fun on your holiday. c:

laaabaseball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's mainly complicated ones like moon jump, run fast, refill health with button combo, and instant sword slash. also infinite epona carrots crashes it too. perhaps finding it for the US version directly instead of porting it would work? anyone with the US version could probably offer RAMdumps or even be taught where to look for the pointer codes and then give you the information to improve the plugin.
hey eric please contact me - kurtis

D

Deleted User

Moonjump cheat immediately crashes when pressing up on the dpad :cry: Literally the only cheat I cared about. Anyone have a fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a