Zelda Linked to the Past, Zelda Classic Custom Game

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a program like this except with the real lttp engine and physics?
Not to my knowledge, no.
There is a video of a Wii version with a special tailored dosbox pared with it on YouTube. But it was never released for download cause of fear of law suits.
Odd, considering my friend has it on his Wii. Needs a keyboard and whatnot to use though.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this was on ds or wii so I could use real controls (no I don't have a good controller for pc) I would play it.
But it isn't, so I won't.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to my knowledge, no.

Odd, considering my friend has it on his Wii. Needs a keyboard and whatnot to use though.

he probably has a released version with a "standard" dos box emulator. The version I'm taking about has a modified dos box emulator built with it to take advantage of the gamecube and classic controllers. It was called zelda classic wii 2.5

Reactions: NightsOwl

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need any help with the program, playing a quest, or making your own, you can visit the official forums here.

zeldaclassic.com is the official website. We're currently building a new website at zeldaclassic.net.

Once the new website is complete, we're going to open source the program.

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need any help with the program, playing a quest, or making your own, you can visit the official forums here.

zeldaclassic.com is the official website. We're currently building a new website at zeldaclassic.net.

Once the new website is complete, we're going to open source the program.
That's great. ZC is great already, but if it gets ports to Homebrew Enabled systems, that'll be a blast.

Reactions: TyBlood13

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's late & I got school tomorrow, so I'll play this on Saturday while I wait for the Tetris tournament to start. Tested just now though, finally got Zelda Classic to work on my Windows 7 laptop. I was worried I would have to find my Linux SD card and use it on that. Not that I would have minded.

Chris Miller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.armageddongames.net
This is the home of the Zelda Classic community. I've been a member for about 12 years now. It's a lot of fun, and new quests are being made all the time. :D
Here's two of the best out there:
The Titan's Quest
Highly advanced quest, combining elements of Zelda 1, Zelda 3, and Ocarina of Time, with a dramatic storyline, yet subtle elements that will make you laugh.

Lands of Serenity
Loads of fun. Made in 2003 or so, but a timeless design that keeps it fresh. Night/Day system (of sorts) that will soothe you and freak you out. Tough dungeons without being a huge marrow-blasting trudge.

Youtube Let's Play Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/electrometerprime

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are any plans of porting it to Nintendo something?

Saw in your forums that the last discussion (that I found at lest) about a DS port was in 2007 ..and about a Wii port, in 2010..

Seems like Allegro doesn't talk well with them, but I wonder if nobody was interested in porting it

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We haven't decided where we are planning to go from here yet...once the existing code is cleaned up, I'm pretty sure the plan is a full rewrite with modern code so that it can be more easily ported, so homebrew would be very likely.

ZC is always looking for talented developers to add to the team.

SUCCESSOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a video of a Wii version with a special tailored dosbox pared with it on YouTube. But it was never released for download cause of fear of law suits.

This is inaccurate. There have been a couple people who have used dosbox to get ZC to run on the Wii. I believe you can still get ZC 1.9 through Homebrew Channel. There is a video(real or fake) of someone running a ZC 2.5 beta on the Wii. However ZC has never been officially developed for the Wii.

ZC source is being released and there have been many talks of ports, rewrites, and successors to the software.

There are many great quests for ZC and lots that are so so. You have to give a lot of them a try.

For accurate information and guidance on what are good quests it is best to post here.

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We haven't decided where we are planning to go from here yet...once the existing code is cleaned up, I'm pretty sure the plan is a full rewrite with modern code so that it can be more easily ported, so homebrew would be very likely.

ZC is always looking for talented developers to add to the team.
Just wanna let you know that growing up with ZC and seeing a team so devoted for so many years is quite awesome. I have no clue what other features you guys could add, but I hope development continues for at least a while longer.

SUCCESSOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna let you know that growing up with ZC and seeing a team so devoted for so many years is quite awesome. I have no clue what other features you guys could add, but I hope development continues for at least a while longer.

Development is continuing. Some minor bugs have been fixed since the release of 2.5 and there are still some issues with Win 8 compatibility that will be handled as soon as they can be. Reporting any Win 8 issues to the bug forums helps a lot. There is also a lot of work going in to getting the code ready to be released and protecting the quests from old builds that use less than secure encryptions.

Reactions: NightsOwl

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of the issues with Windows 7 and 8 can be fixed by forcing compatibility with XP SP3. Allegro doesn't play nice with modern Windows, which is why a modern codebase is needed for progress.

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got Zelda Classic to stop having siezures by running it as an admin, but no matter where I put that QST file for Linked To The Past, it never shows up.

Help! I want to play quests, but I don't know how to get them to load!
Open Zelda Classic. (zelda-w.exe, or use zlaunch-w.exe to load it)
Press ENTER to get past the Armageddon Games logo.
Press ENTER to get past the Zelda Classic title screen.
Choose "Register your name", type any name you'd like, and press enter.
(Enter "ZELDA" here to skip to the Legend of Zelda 2nd quest, "ALPHA" to skip to AGN's Official Third Quest, or "GANON" to skip to AGN's Official Fourth Quest.)
If you'd like to play any of the official quests, simply press enter with your save file selected now. If you didn't enter any of the names above, you'll be taken to the original Legend of Zelda first quest.
(If you'd like to load a custom quest, skip this step and go to step 6.)
Press ALT on your save file.
(Note that when the program asks you to hit "A", it's actually asking you to hit the key you have mapped to the A button. "A" is usually mapped to ALT by default -- you may change your key bindings by hitting ESC, then choosing Settings -> Controls from the menu.)
Press ALT again, then click "Browse" in the pop-up. Browse to the quest you want to play using the File Select dialog and double click it.
You'll be given a brief pop-up with the quest title and author. If it's the quest you want to play, hit OK.
Now hit ENTER and you're ready to play!

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?94598-READ-ME-The-brand-new-Zelda-Classic-FAQs-thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1