Status
Not open for further replies.

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
It is my project. I do what I want with it.
I think you'll be surprised with the game I'm working on.

It wasn't a command, it was a recommendation.

I may be surprised, I may not. The point is that you need to concentrate on getting a story and everything set before you start saying something will be or is in the game. Not to mention there will be less flamers if you stick with something instead of changing it all the time.

jeremy506

Some dude.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Ok.
Link is given the Oracle Book and has to retrieve lost pages by completing temples (of course you get new items in it). But, the Oracle Book was written by the princess Zelda, in the Majora's Mask age. Link travels in time to that age and has to save the princess from being killed by the evil.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it,now start making the game and ignore suggestions/critics... But do accept help on spelling errors of course.

And listen to me though im a suggestion/critic
lecture.gif

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
Ok.
Link is given the Oracle Book and has to retrieve lost pages by completing temples (of course you get new items in it). But, the Oracle Book was written by the princess Zelda, in the Majora's Mask age. Link travels in time to that age and has to save the princess from being killed by the evil.

Some questions to help clearify:

1. Why does link have to save somebody who was killed a long time ago?
2. Is Zelda killed before or after the book is written?
3. Why does Link have to have the Oracle Book? I'm guessing it enables time travel?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because if the princess is killed by evil in that time (The past) then the future will be riddled with evil! Then all hope would be gone!
sad.gif

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
You will find out all of that when the game is released. For the meantime, demos will be released.

Um, okay then. The reason why I asked the questions because what you said was confusing and didn't make since.

Anyway, I guess I will look forward to the release (yet again) and hope you stick with a story and such.

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Dec 14 2009, 02:06 PM) Because if the princess is killed by evil in that time (The past) then the future will be riddled with evil! Then all hope would be gone!
sad.gif

That doesn't explain how they knew it was happening in the first place. Besides, if something in the past happened or is happening (in that time), then the future should already be destroyed; therefore Link is destroyed.

EDIT: Erm... Maybe Link could be a slave or something for the evil people and he found out about the Oracle Book could make him go back in time, so he could stop evil from taking over.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makar8000 said:
omgpwn666 said:
Because if the princess is killed by evil in that time (The past) then the future will be riddled with evil! Then all hope would be gone!
sad.gif

That doesn't explain how they knew it was happening in the first place. Besides, if something in the past happened or is happening (in that time), then the future should already be destroyed; therefore Link is destroyed.

EDIT: Erm... Maybe Link could be a slave or something for the evil people and he found out about the Oracle Book could make him go back in time, so he could stop evil from taking over.

Your edit explains exactly what I was saying.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
Have you Forget ysmenu don`t work Whit Version 2.08

Ysmenu works with 2.08, it just doesn't work with commercial roms. So supposedly, ysmenu can work with the beta as long as ysmenu can load it (can't test it myself). Then again, if Skullcollector made a GameID for the game, then you might have to edit the file and take out the game ID for the beta to work via moonshell2. (This doesn't work with commercial roms, so don't try it)

QUOTE(Skullcollector @ Dec 14 2009, 11:31 AM) It is my project. I do what I want with it.
I think you'll be surprised with the game I'm working on.

As long as your story ties together, I'm all good (an awkward story kills everything).

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, you had NOTHING done when you opened this thread. Having a make as you go game is not going to work. To make a Zelda on the scale that you are attempting, you need years of preplanned story before the first line of programming is started. You've changed so many things and lets not forget not coming through with anything that you have said before. If you want ideas for what to put in your game, start with the things that you've already stated were IN your game.

I still can't believe how many gullible people think this project is going anywhere. I also don't know why the mods haven't closed this thread weeks ago either. Shoot me in the head due to all the stupidity in this forum.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dookieman said:
Seriously, you had NOTHING done when you opened this thread. Having a make as you go game is not going to work. To make a Zelda on the scale that you are attempting, you need years of preplanned story before the first line of programming is started. You've changed so many things and lets not forget not coming through with anything that you have said before. If you want ideas for what to put in your game, start with the things that you've already stated were IN your game.

I still can't believe how many gullible people think this project is going anywhere. I also don't know why the mods haven't closed this thread weeks ago either. Shoot me in the head due to all the stupidity in this forum.
That is pretty harsh. I mean, yeah he did BS a lot in the beginning, but its not like he isn't trying make a decent game. From what it sounds like, he has a fairly general idea about how things are going to work and is just asking for any extra ideas that people would actually want in the game (we all have fantasies about what Link should have in his arsenal) to make the game more enjoyable for the users. Plus, the storyline doesn't seem to have changed yet (since we don't actually know it yet).

its xNIGHTMAREx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Dookieman said:

That is pretty harsh. I mean, yeah he did BS a lot in the beginning, but its not like he isn't trying make a decent game. From what it sounds like, he has a fairly general idea about how things are going to work and is just asking for any extra ideas that people would actually want in the game (we all have fantasies about what Link should have in his arsenal) to make the game more enjoyable for the users. Plus, the storyline doesn't seem to have changed yet (since we don't actually know it yet).
Ahem, well it seems to me he has no idea what he's going to do with the game and really should just sit down, write out a story, THEN ask us what we think. If he wants to make the game he shouldn't be asking us about every little detail and releasing a demo every time he makes a tiny change like changing the font. Honestly, I don't think this is gonna go anywhere. I mean, tons of people that try to make homebrew games drop their projects, but at least they actually have an idea of what they want to do and get part of it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1