Zelda BOTW "Free" manual

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by natanelho, Mar 4, 2017.

1. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    http://imgur.com/a/HH127

so if you're registered in my.nintendo.com , you can "buy" the "Mini Guide" for zelda BOTW that contains 25 pages of guide in pdf format. that costs 10 gold coins. This is part of The Complete Official Guide published by Piggyback. thats kinda free but not really because you get gold coins for spending real money in the eshop of all 3 consoles (3ds wiiu switch) but you spend the money on whatever you buy, and not on the guide, so its kinda free...
    so if you're interested- go register to my.nintendo!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit- please forgive my poor mspaint skills, I combined screenshots to turn into one big picture...

Last edited by natanelho, Mar 4, 2017

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Wait, so the manual for a $60 game is sold independently? :wtf:

I wish i knew why, opening my game case to a cartridge the side of a memory stick was one thing but for $60 game has a manual i have to do extra work to obtain, and is not physical either. O_O

I played this game for two hours, and got bored cause i got stuck not knowing what to do or where to go. Now i feel like i need this. When is brady games strategy guides when you need them.:blink:

3. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    look, if you really want, I think theres a huge chance that the full pdf (not this) go leaked to the net, you can print it in A5 and call it an official guide... or get this, if youre not a pirate that wont be hard... you can always print it- thats legal

4. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Mini guide not manual.

But yea sucks its 10 gold coins. Ill check if i have the coins and ill buy it. Or look online for screens shots of it heheheh lol.

*edit
    If you go to your nintendo accou t and click on earn coins.
    There is missions there.
    If you brougth any games for the switch you can claim them and get about 10coins each.

More details on there site
    https://my.nintendo.com/missions

Attached Files:

Last edited by xile6, Mar 4, 2017
  5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    File: ZBW_UE_MINIGUIDE.PDF
    CRC-32: d495f91d
    MD4: ade658265ceffd7470cab20970bef59c
    MD5: 4c5265a6af507e4204f44640efcd47b1
    SHA-1: 50624b106f3e4db9e90135d6e700379b23e2ee42

If that is of any use.

Last edited by zoogie, Mar 4, 2017
    infinete, DrkBeam, MeAndHax and 5 others like this.
  6. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    You get 25 gold coins just for buying the botw expansion pass from the switch eshop.

7. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    Wow great news! I am actually gonna do it when I will het my hands on it... and it is a guide technically, even if its small

8. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo's never been great, or even passable, with their online "rewards" programs outside of Japan, but asking people to spend points on a manual for a full-price game (sixty dollars is not a drop in the bucket for a lot of people) is laughable.
    You can argue that you get points for buying the game in the first place, but those points are meant to be spent on content that isn't cut from the game you purchased. That's the point of a REWARDS program.
    And if the game manual is one of the more worthwhile rewards to spend points on, why even bother having the rewards program in the first place?

9. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Well and where does it say anything about manual !? I guess if you really want, someone find always a reason. ;) Its a Mini-Guide btw. some pages from the official guide book. You won't even need it ^^

Last edited by nIxx, Mar 4, 2017
  10. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I know prima guides allow you to view the first few pages online for free. It isn't the same for the piggyback guides?

11. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Its 2017, why are people still buying "game guides"?

12. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    Here, he answers you:

In short, most (80%<) of the people will throw away the guide thats provided with the game because- internet.

Hiding cut-off content behind paywalls is the norm nowdays, with all the dlc s and micro transactions. Even botw has dlc... its like- "get this manual as an extra with your botw copy, or just get another bonus instead" which isnt that big of a deal... and for me the free themes are a great rewards for the 3ds, especially before I had chmm... and the few launch content on the site was great- warioware touched, some other mini games/apps, but youre right, now theres nothing worthwhile there...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I wrote that automatically b4 I started writing the post... in the post I wrote "mini guide", and now I cant change the title, so, sorry...

13. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Ha, I already see a mistake in the guide. Near the beginning it gives the values for the different colored rupees. It lists blue as worth one and green as worth 5 and it's the other way around. Wonder what else in the guide is messed up.

bkifft likes this.
  14. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    is that wrong in every language?

15. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    I don't know the exact answer but I love them. Some light reading before bed or when you are struggling. Or for some super secret hidden items
    It's fun
    I actually just got Pokemon omega one and I love it

16. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    google
    ZBW_UE_MINIGUIDE (1).pdf

:P

Last edited by mech, Mar 4, 2017
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  17. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    I thought YouTube and Google or even the Internet was the reason we didn't need manual/guides anymore?

18. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    I checked English and French. Same mistake in both. It's a chart so they likely used the same chart in all of the printings.

19. natanelho
    OP

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    But they are nice to have, not just for really useful info but also for collection purpose... the game's box is pretty empty...

20. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Goron

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Seattle area
    nvm

Last edited by Zabhahs, Mar 6, 2017 - Reason: just bought it