Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Terenigma, May 6, 2009.

1. Terenigma
    OP

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Im really liking this game and im trying so hard to let this issue go but theres one things thats bothering me alot and i want to know if its my Cart (R4) or if its happening with other people too..

During duels when it gets a lil crowded on the board (or just a fair few turns in) when its the computers go the game will sorta lag and on the bottom screen it has like a speech bubble with dots like to indicate that the computer is thinking which normally wouldnt be a big issue but the game seems to slow down during this time and it happens FAR to often when the duels get a little more tactical.

If anyone can give me feedback on if they get this issue on they're carts because i really like how they've done this game but the speech bubble lag is enough to put me off playing it...

2. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I haven't experienced any lag during Standby phase or any other parts of the game thus far, and I'm using a CycloDS card. Might be your R4.

3. Terenigma
    OP

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    i thought it might be my R4 coz its a big file. ill wait till the regional release and see if i have the same problem if it does then ill just buy it coz i like this game its fun but yeah thanks for getting back to me at least i know its not a problem with the game which means i can safely buy this without fear of hating it for that same reason

4. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Your Mum
    Yep, definitely your R4, even my iTouch DS has no problems. So buy it, you even have the promo cards. And u version is coming out May btw...

5. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    The whole ... thing is normal but sometimes if you hold A or B briefly sometimes it will speed up the thinking.....

6. Ruri

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2007
    United States
    Earlier Yu-Gi-Oh games didn't take time to think, but the AI was also much much stupider and got boring eventually. So I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff.

7. Terenigma
    OP

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    ^ what card do you use?

Coz thats what i thought but with my game it seriously slows down the game during the (...) whilst it does it. im not sure its supposed too coz iv had 2 yu-gi-oh games before and neither of them slowed down but i dont really want to go back to them because i like this one

8. Acenima

Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2009
    United States
    USA
    r4 is reallly old card, its about time u upgrade.

i have a dstt and i dont have these problems.

9. Martiin

Martiin GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    California
    ya that p/o'd me too!
    the AI takes foreverr to think and that (dot)(dot)(dot) thing irritates me
    they do have better strategies, but i don't think its worth the wait...
    they could have improved the processing time for AI's... T-T UGHfdafbbdarghaegroar.

10. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States

R4 running YSmenu(as a 2nd firmware).....

11. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Jul 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Never ahd an lagg problem on my dstt

12. Kingfield

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    Its not the card.... =="

if anything, its ur SD card.

13. geokilla

geokilla GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    I got the lag on my SuperCard. Might have to start over and play on the DSTT firmware instead....

14. TodayiSawMyHeroF

TodayiSawMyHeroF GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2008
    United States
    To your right.
    Its the SD card.