Hacking Yu-Gi-Oh 2011(J) - AP Issue?

Philly_Cheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm using akaio 1.8.6 and for some reason this game black screens when you start a duel.
I'm not 100% sure if this is a AP issue or not, since my friend was able to play the exact same rom file on 1.8.5 of akaio perfectly.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
make sure, that you're using a clean, untrimmed rom
backup and fully format your microSD, put your files back
enable anti-piracy-bypass on WC2011

or maybe you're just using bad cheat-codes? if yes, disable them

i hope it helps you out

Philly_Cheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 2011 working somewhat...
Now unfortunately it no longer freezes when the battle starts but instead locks up as soon as turn 2 starts
The music continues to play perfectly but everything else locks up.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hack_ziro said:
enable anti-piracy-bypass on WC2011
sure it's enabled?
also try disable softreset
sure you used panasonicSD formatter? (backup your files first, settings: erase/full, card audjustment/on)

had the same problem...but only once...it was a error of my microSD, i guess...unfortunately, it's latency is a bit high...also a high latency can make an AP-fix useless in newer games
if your problem is still there, grab a different microSD if you have one lying around and try that

WC2011 running fine for me now...dunno why this freeze occured only once to me...maybe, cuz i had too much crap on the screen

i hope, i could help and also im hoping you can enjoy this game asap (just OTK'ed the 3 emperors in a row
yaynds.gif
)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand what the heck is with all the "format your microSD" replies these days?!
when you purchased a microSD, it's already formatted, there is no need to format it ever again

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
formatting a storage device after a while is just to make sure not getting an error sooner or later
you can't go wrong with getting rid off old data-trash

basher11 said:
use the patch.
how could i forgot that...im useless...(that's the reason for my one-time-freeze and some small lags [besides my cards speed]...i did used a clean ROM for testing it on akaio 1.8.6...after testing i copied the patched one back)
sorry, OP and thanks, basher

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have to mention, that if i used the patch, i encounter freezing at "edit fixed text" and randomly at the duel puzzle editor...there are some confirmations from others as well at the hype-thread and another board, i visit sometimes
i didn't know that much about rom-hacking, so im confused, that if im using a patched, than trimmed rom, i never encounter any lags/freezes...maybe someone could explain this to me...

just try it out yourself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully