Hacking Ysmenu white screen problem

Anidalife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had this problem for a while now, and I finally decided to see if it's fixable. I have an r4 clone, however, the only firmware that works on my card is the official 1.18 firmware for the original r4. It's called R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS. For reference, my card looks exactly like the one on the main page of http://www.r4iii.com/ and it support sdhc. And I have tried pretty much every other firmware, including the one from that site. Nothing works except the original.

Now, to the problem. I wanted to use YSmenu on it for obvious reasons. I've tried many different ways of compiling the YSmenu, from auto generators to manual compilations. I can get the actual menu to run, either as default or booting as a YSmenu.nds file. Everything shows up correctly, including the cheats. However, when I try to run any game, it creates the sav/loads just fine, and then freezes with 2 white screens. This happens with all games I've tried, trimmed, clean, patched, etc. I've searched through a lot of forums and have noticed a few people with this problem, but no solutions yet. So I figured it's about time to make a thread and ask around here. Maybe someone has encountered this problem or knows of a solution. Thanks.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i thinks its because its not dldi patching the game roms for your flashcard correctly

there is a YSMenu compiler out there where u can specify what card you have and i will patch the loader correctly

sorry i cant give any more info

Anidalife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a followup, I have tried with wood 1.5 for clones and the official 1.6 for r4. Both boots without a problem but both also freezes at white/black screens after loading. Same problem with the YSmenu. Anyone know possibly why?

ProdiG

Trophies
XP
Country
Having the same here. I can't play pokemon black 2 & white 2. I recently format the wrong sd card. I'm currently finding my last firmware.

I'm using a NDSL. I don't know if my R4 is a clone or not and my micro sd card is class 4 kingston 4gb.
Wood R4 1.62 gives white screen in all games(1.5x gives me black screen).
YSmenu generated by YSGenerator gives me loading rom errors.
R4Ysauto also gives white screen.
RetroGameFan also gives me white screen even with the latest .DAT files(7.01RGF).
Tried patched and clean roms.
Original R4 1.18 works perfectly though.(Pokemon Pearl & Diamond works but no pokemon black & white,pokemon black 2 &white 2, pokemon heartgold & soulsilver)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later