OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well since this topic got absolutely no attention in the generic nds section (ok almost none) i figured i would post here

my sister was having some trouble with her r4 using ysmenu and none of her games were working so i looked at the forums and saw that we didn't have a guide on what the error codes on YSMenu really mean and how to fix them so i figured i would make one.

so far we have 7 error codes(2 unknown):

Error Code -?:
Means: Cart not connecting right
How To Fix: Something to do with Soldering

Error Code -?:
Means: Cart not connecting right
How To Fix: Something to do with Soldering

Error Code -4:
Means: The game you're trying to play is either DSi enhanced or has AP
How To Fix: wait for a fix in that game in the latest unnoficial dstt firmware and rebuild ysmenu using that

Error Code -6:
Means: ?
How To Fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card

Error Code -8:
How To Fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card

Error Code -81:
Means: Seems to mean a problem with FAT type
How To Fix: i seemed to be able to fix this by moving my games from my 2gb formatted in FAT onto my 2gb formatted in FAT32 and the other way around

Error Code -82:
How to fix: Take all your games off your microsd, format your card with Panasonic formatter (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603), put all your games back on you card and make sure you have at least 4 Megabytes (MB) of free space on your card.

if you see any error codes i don't have in this list or incorrect fixes for error codes, post here and if possible tell me what it means and how to fix it. Thanks!
yaynds.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errcode=-4 usually means it's a DSi enhanced game (and lately, AP). Formatting the SD card will not fix the problem.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading the latest infolib.dat with not fix Errcode=-4; infolib.dat only decreases the loading times of games.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Dangy said:
This guide is full of fail.
It was better the first time he posted the exact same thing 6 months ago... oh wait, no it wasn't.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179377
you have obviously gone blind because if you could see, you woul see that i put at th top of the page "because this guide got no attention in the general nds section" so i'll make it simple for you dipshit "NOBODY SAW IT"

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gameguy95 said:
Error Code -4:
Means: The game you're trying to play is either DSi enhanced or has AP
How To Fix: Download the latest extlib.dat and/or infolib.dat
So downloading the latest extinfo/infolib fixes ALL games with the Error Code -4, does it? Hmmm? Does it?

That will be good news for all those people wishing to play Sonic Racing, Bookworm, Bejewelled Twist etc...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
twiztidsinz said:
Dangy said:
This guide is full of fail.
It was better the first time he posted the exact same thing 6 months ago... oh wait, no it wasn't.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179377
you have obviously gone blind because if you could see, you woul see that i put at th top of the page "because this guide got no attention in the general nds section" so i'll make it simple for you dipshit "NOBODY SAW IT"
Nope... I read it.

You must be too stupid to understand WHY it got no attention... so I'll tell you.
It's a poorly written 'guide' with one (wrong) answer to all problems: "format!"

"BUT I HAVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER TO 81!!" you'll say...
But no.. you don't. It's worded differently, but it's still the same answer: "format!"

Sure you changed the answer to Errcode=-4, but that only took you two postings and two people telling you that it's wrong.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^look, i don't use this piece of fail flashcart anymore and someone in my old thread told me that would fix it, so i assumed it was the correct answer.
why don't you just shut your F****in trap and leave me alone. if this thread is so bad then you can let it die on it's own and stay out of other people's buisness you retarded Son-Of-A-B****.

there is a reason that at the end i put
QUOTE said:
if you see any error codes i don't have in this list or incorrect fixes for error codes, post here and if possible tell me what it means and how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1