Homebrew youtube

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, this is my first post. is there a ds application that can surf youtube and download the videos then convert them to dpg.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
randombob said:
hi, this is my first post. is there a ds application that can surf youtube and download the videos then convert them to dpg.

yes its called YOUR COMPUTER!

use plugins for Firefox to download the videos and then BATCH DPG for converting or use http://media-convert.com/

on DS no there is nothing that can download FLV files as FLASH content is not even displayable on a DS!

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
randombob said:

use plugins for Firefox to download the videos and then BATCH DPG for converting or use http://media-convert.com/

on DS no there is nothing that can download FLV files as FLASH content is not even displayable on a DS!

wat about if u used keepvid.com to download it to mp4. we could watch youtube on the go

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
randombob said:
kobykaan said:
randombob said:

wat about if u used keepvid.com to download it to mp4. we could watch youtube on the go

And what DS program would be able to play mp4 files?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what you can do is use the keepvid site that u mentioned but download the vid as an .flv file, then convert to .dpg using the converter that comes with moonshell 2, that is if u use moonshell, or want to use it. tried, and it works for me.

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
randombob said:
hi, this is my first post. is there a ds application that can surf youtube and download the videos then convert them to dpg.Guys, don't forget that Moonshell2 comes with an app to download and convert Youtube videos. You still have to run it from your computer first then copy the .dpg to your DS (the DS doesn't have the capabilities to decode and display flv files.
QUOTEwat about if u used keepvid.com to download it to mp4. we could watch youtube on the go
.dpg is your only option when it comes to watching movies on your DS (well there are others, but they are really not worth talking about)

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ah, yea it does have that application, but some vids don't get converted correctly, so i resorted to getting the .flv file of the vid then converting it with the dpg converter, then transferring the file to my ds. but yea most vids do work with that feature of the converter.

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ChuckMcB said:
randombob said:
hi, this is my first post. is there a ds application that can surf youtube and download the videos then convert them to dpg.Guys, don't forget that Moonshell2 comes with an app to download and convert Youtube videos. You still have to run it from your computer first then copy the .dpg to your DS (the DS doesn't have the capabilities to decode and display flv files.
QUOTEwat about if u used keepvid.com to download it to mp4. we could watch youtube on the go
.dpg is your only option when it comes to watching movies on your DS (well there are others, but they are really not worth talking about)

i meant in the ds. downloading youtube videos from the ds

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can't. The Opera Browser can't support it and the homebrew web browsers will never be powerful enough to support it. If you want Youtube videos on your DS you'll have to download them on the computer, convert them, and then put them on the DS. Although I don't see the point of downloading a crappy video you'll watch probably once in your life.

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
randombob said:
ChuckMcB said:
randombob said:

You can't, because you can't even view YouTube videos. You'll have to use your own computer for downloading and converting. Even if it could (that's a pretty big if), the downloading time would be so long it's much easier to just use your computer. Either way, you gotta use the computah.

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Optimatum said:
randombob said:
ChuckMcB said:
randombob said:

You can't, because you can't even view YouTube videos. You'll have to use your own computer for downloading and converting. Even if it could (that's a pretty big if), the downloading time would be so long it's much easier to just use your computer. Either way, you gotta use the computah.
ok. i just thought it would have been cool to watch videos when im out and about

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Optimatum said:
randombob said:
ChuckMcB said:
randombob said:

hi. is there a way to download files on ds? like how the ds organize does with homebrew?

TheLazy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, you probably can browse youtube from your DS if you were willing to do some programming work.

Option 1) Write a PC server to download/transcode youtube videos then stream mpeg video to your DS
Option 2) Use something like the iPlayer to decode youtube videos using hardware

randombob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Optimatum said:
randombob said:
ChuckMcB said:
randombob said:

http://dstube.blogspot.com/
som1 should finish it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol