Homebrew Youtube Watcher

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
offtopic: but the ipod nano is not a phone (he was asking about phones, not mp3 players)

ipods were made to stream videos, so well you can just guess that it has a better cpu.

and cellphones - there are web browsers on cellphones, so you know that they have a better cpu, too.

Zamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.phonegg.com/Nokia/N95-8GB/Nokia-N95-8GB.html
smile.gif

I have one (the 8 gig) and it has a 330mhz processor with a dedicated graphics chip. It plays (700mb) div-x files easily.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont hate me for this becuase I dont want anyone to get mad at me but whats the point of watching youtube on the ds with it's small screens? I mean if you have a computer -.-" watch it on the computer because it's faster and works. I mean you still need a wireless hot spot to watch the youtube video on the ds if it ever works which I think it will happen soon. But why not just use the computer? I'm just saying, you dont have to agree with me or anything.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exp: when I go to chicago, there is a ton of free wi-fi, but I don't want to carry my laptop with me everywhere, I go with as little as posable. It's easier for me...

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that can happen I dont know but I saw some guy use a xbox 360 case as the pc case and worked fine lol

darksamusmp3c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something with enough computing muscle to watch and stream Youtube videos, then get a Pandora and hope that running Ubuntu+Firefox+youtube works well enough to suit your wants.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no need to worry about this anymore... the DSi will have an integrated browser which will allow YouTube'in... and since the WiFi speeds are 5x plus better, no need to worry about streaming speeds... it'll be comparable to the Wii...

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
no need to worry about this anymore... the DSi will have an integrated browser which will allow YouTube'in... and since the WiFi speeds are 5x plus better, no need to worry about streaming speeds... it'll be comparable to the Wii...
I didn't know it's wifi capabilities would be that strong. Wow
yaynds.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's already been confirmed... since you'll be downloading DSWare, it'll be alot faster than 7-12kbps...

from what I've read, the min/max is around 50-120kbps throughput... I know, alot more than 5x, but even 5x more would be nice!

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
im not as ds programer but what if you had a web-borwser sever app for your ds and a app on your ds

and the sever app play the video while ds view it but in a window so its possible with alot of work put into it i think

like win2ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: