YouTube Extends Video Time Limit to 15 Minutes

OtakuGamerZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/07/upload-limit-increases-to-15-minutes.html) said:
Upload limit increases to 15 minutes for all users

We want YouTube to be the best place to upload video. Without question, the number one requested feature by our creators is to upload videos longer than 10 minutes. We’ve heard you, and today we’re pleased to announce that we’ve increased the upload limit to 15 minutes.

We encourage you to take full advantage of this new time limit by making a video of your “15 minutes of fame.” Imagine that this video is all the world will ever know about you: what would you want to communicate? What will be the enduring stamp you’ve left on us all? Tag your video with “yt15minutes,” upload it by Wednesday, August 4, and we’ll select a handful of people to truly gain their 15 minutes of fame by featuring them on the YouTube homepage in a future spotlight.

In the meantime, you may wonder “why now?” -- the upload limit for non-partners has been 10 minutes for years. Well, we’ve spent significant resources on creating and improving our state-of-the-art Content ID system and many other powerful tools for copyright owners. Now, all of the major U.S. movie studios, music labels and over 1,000 other global partners use Content ID to manage their content on YouTube. Because of the success of these ongoing technological efforts, we are able to increase the upload limit today. We will continue our strong commitment to provide advanced technology and tools to protect the rights of small and large copyright owners worldwide. We’ll also do everything we can to release incremental improvements like this one that benefit our video creators.

One final note: if you’re uploading a video that was previously rejected for being too long, you’ll have to go into “My Videos” and delete it before attempting to upload it again. Thanks and happy uploading!
Source

toot.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's about god damn time huh?

Now if only they'd remove this pesky new subscriptions toolbar during videos that auto-expands when you mouse over, and can't disable the auto-play, and looks totally broken.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
RupeeClock said:
It's about god damn time huh?

Now if only they'd remove this pesky new subscriptions toolbar during videos that auto-expands when you mouse over, and can't disable the auto-play, and looks totally broken.

I recommend using this script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33042 which can disable auto-play and can get rid of some annoyances.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I remember the time when having a Director account would allow you to upload videos as long as you liked. Ah, good times. Too bad they changed that though, because just when I almost finished watching a film (can't remember which one it was, probably Pokémon or so) they removed that privilege and removed nearly all vids longer than 10 minutes. So I had to find another way to watch that film (which at the time wasn't as convenient as it is now, I think I was 10
tongue.gif
). I couldn't, and because I forgot the name of the film I haven't ever seen the end
ohnoes.png

Anyway, this is good news, now some vids won't have to be cut in multiple parts anymore, although it is still not as long as it should be.

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point to extending the limit Youtube was always about quick funny 4-5 minutes clips anything longer than that seems drawn out.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or is their player really really buggy now? If I pause a video to let it load and then unpause it, it'll stay paused even if the button has changed to the ||. That's only one of the things that I can name off the top of my head, but I seem to encounter a lot of bugs. Youtube is probably one of my most disliked online video players now. How's it's fallen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?