Homebrew Youtube Channel for Wii (Fixing the SWF)

Trophies
XP
Right now the .swf files load on the Wii, however they fail to load real internet data with invalid HTTPS errors. Perhaps an issue with SSL certs. Due to the updated API the calls need to be redirected to the new YouTube API as well as alternate frontends such as Invidious (what @/Larsenv's WiiMC YouTube plugin does)
I don't know a bunch of web stuff but that sounds bad.

Also with the redirect for the Updated API, is the plugin open source? If so we can just maybe take something from it.
Post automatically merged:

you could theoretically get a site going with invidious that uses the flash files as a front end. even if it has to be locally hosted, its still a huge step forward
Actually, amazing idea.
Invidious Site

Could host it on the web and not local, but depends. Also, Developer API.

Reactions: NewGBAXL

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im in just part of trying to get the search and leanback ajax function to work for innertube on the youtube wii server since there’s literally no google data source code to be found anywhere on the internet anymore, and i need help with both of the search and leanback ajax and im a coder here, and i wont expose my code to this post.

Trophies
XP
im in just part of trying to get the search and leanback ajax function to work for innertube on the youtube wii server since there’s literally no google data source code to be found anywhere on the internet anymore, and i need help with both of the search and leanback ajax and im a coder here, and i wont expose my code to this post.
Hey, sorry for interrupting but..

https://invidious.io/

Try make use of the API in Invidious like @Gigabyte1027 said.
you could theoretically get a site going with invidious that uses the flash files as a front end. even if it has to be locally hosted, its still a huge step forward

By the way I really do not know what a "leanback ajax" is. Yeah sure I made some vb.net apps before but you might need to speak to @NewGBAXL about it.

You don't really have to use the Invidious though. It would get rid of the account source.
I don't really know how to help right now but i'll dig into resources.

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry for interrupting but..

https://invidious.io/

Try make use of the API in Invidious like @Gigabyte1027 said.

By the way I really do not know what a "leanback ajax" is. Yeah sure I made some vb.net apps before but you might need to speak to @NewGBAXL about it.

You don't really have to use the Invidious though. It would get rid of the account source.
I don't really know how to help right now but i'll dig into resources.
leanback ajax is something that displays all the menus that are the youtube favorites such as the trends, music, gaming, home, and animation.

I wouldn’t use invidious, there’s something called, “Innertube”. (/youtubei/v1/). Before 2015, the youtube app for wii and older smart tvs that ran in flash, used gdata.youtube.com for youtube’s api to use. In 2015 in like after April 20th of that year though when google data (gdata.youtube.com) got shutdown, the youtube app for the wii and older smart TV’s server which is the leanbacklite along with the apiplayer and maybe the vast ads module had to be updated by using innertube instead of gdata.
I already made my innertube and kinda the invidious server too though.
And also, I said that I wouldn’t use invidious because it doesn’t have the correct sign in, the pair part, or the favorites, u cannot use ur youtube channel that is connected to ur google account to sign in on there, or even pair your device.
U can literally only like enter your email and password, even if u dont have ur invidious account, u won’t have to go over creating ur Google account.
So im preferring innertube instead of invidious.

Reactions: NewGBAXL
Trophies
XP
leanback ajax is something that displays all the menus that are the youtube favorites such as the trends, music, gaming, home, and animation.

I wouldn’t use invidious, there’s something called, “Innertube”. (/youtubei/v1/). Before 2015, the youtube app for wii and older smart tvs that ran in flash, used gdata.youtube.com for youtube’s api to use. In 2015 in like after April 20th of that year though when google data (gdata.youtube.com) got shutdown, the youtube app for the wii and older smart TV’s server which is the leanbacklite along with the apiplayer and maybe the vast ads module had to be updated by using innertube instead of gdata.
I already made my innertube and kinda the invidious server too though.
And also, I said that I wouldn’t use invidious because it doesn’t have the correct sign in, the pair part, or the favorites, u cannot use ur youtube channel that is connected to ur google account to sign in on there, or even pair your device.
U can literally only like enter your email and password, even if u dont have ur invidious account, u won’t have to go over creating ur Google account.
So im preferring innertube instead of invidious.
Ok good point..

Also with the leanback ajax, try to fetch it somehow with the InnerTube API. I don't think I know what the URL is though for that.

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok good point..

Also with the leanback ajax, try to fetch it somehow with the InnerTube API. I don't think I know what the URL is though for that.
i can’t get their video infos or lists to extract on the leanbacklite, can’t sign in or pair either, because the leanback can’t connect to the internet for an unknown reason.

KokiKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, could a modern YouTube api key work on Youtube Wii? Or does it have to be old?

Also, isn't there a separate api for the YouTube video player?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol