Gaming Your opinion of "launch" title looks?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of the games that we have seen in the NGP trailer have been shown to be quite stunning, graphically wise and hardware wise.

None of them have been confirmed for launch title status, but what do you guys think?

Here's a trailer of the hardware:

[youtube]oRvKTloXkDE[/youtube]

Z

Zorua

I won't be getting it. It's a psp with better graphics. Or a ps3 portable. I have both of them so I don't see why this is worth buying. However, if it gets worthwhile exclusives, I may consider it.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. UNLESS it can be hacked to emulate Gamecube, in which case I will get it ASAP.

So yeah, all I care about is the hardware power...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Warrior522 said:
Sony can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. UNLESS it can be hacked to emulate Gamecube, in which case I will get it ASAP.
Unless Sony makes their handheld easily hackable, it's all good?
Yeah, okay.

Go buy a Gamecube and get over yourself.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll buy it eventually. I fucking love Uncharted.

Here's some proper thoughts:

Pros:

I like the there's two analogue sticks now, controling the camera is a pain on the PSP. The best solution I found was moving with the analogue nub and using the D-pad to control the camera. The problem with that it felt like you needed three hands to play the game.

the analogue sticks look really nice, I've got a 1000 and I do found the analogue nub can really leave your hands feeling somewhat unfortable. It just didn't feel good to use, it was functional but it felt as the execution was a bit off.

Big shexy screen. I love the PSP screen, it's just great to look at and really adds to the gaming experience. The NGP thankfully continues that.

Cons:

Camera. I'm not going to use my NGP as a camerawhen I already have a proper digital camera. It'll probably used as a gimmick in early games.

The size of the thing means I'll have to carry it my bag rather than my pocket like my PSP. It's not particularly travel friendly but I'll survive.

Battery is a potential con. If its at 5-6 hours than that's ok as you can charge it mightly. If it needs to be charged on after the commute to work/Uni for the commute back home htan we have problems.

If the sixaxis is like the PS3 than everyone will just switch it off. PS3 sixaxis is terriblr.

Meh:

The touchpad. Meh. The DS touch screen hasn't made me change how I want to play games, I doubt this will either.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I find interesting:

Gravity Daze
WipEout

And that's it. The rest of them aren't of my liking.

Oh, and about the graphics. They're good in general. Killzone is lacking in relation to the console counterpart though specially in relation to Uncharted.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Warrior522 said:
Yeah, okay.

It's called portability.

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far Killzone, Uncharted, WipEout, LittleBigPlanet, Monster Hunter, Call of Duty, Resistance and Gravity Daze have my interest. Plus a very likely Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume Two.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
prwlr. said:
Warrior522 said:
Yeah, okay.

It's called portability.
There's a device that let's you play your Gamecube on the go, a screen you attach to the Gamecube. Problem solved.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkAngelx said:
So far Killzone, Uncharted, WipEout, LittleBigPlanet, Monster Hunter, Call of Duty, Resistance and Gravity Daze have my interest. Plus a very likely Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume Two.

Mind you these aren't launch titles, just game series announced for the system.

If they want success, just launch it with like Monster Hunter and God of War. I wouldn't mind a Monster Hunter from launch personally.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. Looks like a big black pill that i wont be able to fit in my pocket.
Sony:Lots and lots of hardware!
Me:...without proper implementation...
Sony: IT HAS FUCKING 3G!

My guess is that ill get one once its hacked. Im guessing all that hardware will be useful in the future.
Just like how the the first PSP worked out.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:

You could seriously replace the G with a D and we'd be talking about a completely different handheld but be completely correct at the same time.

Plus 3G is optional on the system and it certainly won't be built on it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Meh. Looks like a big black pill that i wont be able to fit in my pocket.

This is the most accurate thing, anyone has ever said, ever.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Warrior522 said:
prwlr. said:
Warrior522 said:
Yeah, okay.

It's called portability.
There's a device that let's you play your Gamecube on the go, a screen you attach to the Gamecube. Problem solved.
omg, nostalgia
rofl.gif

i remember playing with that thing, it was a freakin cube with a puny little screen and a handle, although i never did get the battery for the bottom

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
That system is amazing. I need that so my 3DS and the NGP can mate and make some kind of cool baby.
That madness!!!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Apr 18 2011, 02:16 AM) Sony:Lots and lots of hardware!

You could seriously replace the G with a D and we'd be talking about a completely different handheld but be completely correct at the same time.

Plus 3G is optional on the system and it certainly won't be built on it.
Except it isn't just a lot of hardware that not with improper implementation or a Sony handheld.

What I learn from you is you believe graphics improve gameplay therefor 3D does too.

I believe the NGP 2 far in the future will have 3D.
laugh.gif

(Not going into a big debate.
laugh.gif
)

Oh and the games? 4 games,but only can think of two Gravity Daze and Little Deviants.

You got to give them some credit on that touch pad idea. It can work in some games and work as R2/L2 buttons I think.

xDarkAngelx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
xDarkAngelx said:

Mind you these aren't launch titles, just game series announced for the system.

If they want success, just launch it with like Monster Hunter and God of War. I wouldn't mind a Monster Hunter from launch personally.

Yes, that's why the word "launch" has quotations around it in the thread title o_o

How true that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...