Gaming Your DS Game Of The Year 2009

Kirito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never would have imagined what a tough choice this would be. I think I have to go with Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure -- that's the game that made me addicted to my DS again.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what the best game of this year is (sunk most of it into the PS2 instead) but I'm pretty sure it isn't 358/2 Days. I love Kingdom Hearts, I played the entire series back to back this year and Days is by far the weakest title of the four. Sorry guys, but it's true.

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the game i found the most fun was megaman starforce 3 cuz ive actually replayed it a few times
im not sure if Phantasy Star 0 deserves my vote because i did not get too far into it when my flashcart can't read my microsd... new flashcart time!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

--- Sideswiped - I liked the Replays that Pop out of nowhere just because you crashed a car 20-100 feet in the air XD
--- Phantasy Star 0 - Tried it the first time (I've never played this before) and enjoyed playing on Wi-FI and the main story.
--- Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story - (Don't know why, but I just like it. Not that I love Mario games a lot)
--- Pokemon: Heart Gold/ Soul Silver - Even though the English version of this game isn't out yet, I still think this was a great game. Major updates, looking forward to this game coming out in 2010. (I tried the Japanese version of Pokemon: Heart Gold/ Soul Silver)

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Love plus. Didnt understand a damn thing but i loved it like hell.
KH 358/2. Made me quite happy and contented with buying a DS. Playing as mans*x...err... xemnas... made my day.
Phantasy star 0. Elves+ Mecha+ Babes= win.
SuperTaisen OG saga EF (long name damn it). SEE FORMULA ABOVE.
Guitar Hero on Tour Modern Hits. My very first purchased DS game. Worth every damn cent.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Nased on which games I've played the longest and enjoyed the most

1. Rittai Picross
2. Rhythm Heaven
3. Mario and Luigi: BIS
4. Devil Survivor
5. Professor Layton 2
6. Space Puzzle Bobble
7. Nostalgia
8. Retro Game Challenge
9. Legendary Starfy
10. Touchmaster 3

GTA: CW, Kingdom Hearts, Scribblenauts and and Phantasy Star all left me cold, sorry.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Very, very, very tough call. I can narrow it down to five, but I can't pick one:

(in no particular order)
-Scribblenauts
-GTA: Chinatown Wars
-Kingdom Hearts
-Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Honourable mentions to:
-Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
-Phantasy Star Zero
-Call of Duty: Mobilised
-Retro Game Challenge
-Pokemon Platinum
-100 Classic Book Collection (just squeezes into 2009, in my opinion, as it wasn't released here in Australia until January)

My lists probably won't agree with everyone else's (especially the honourable mentions). But since the thread refers to what we enjoyed most personally.. well.. there it is.

There are many games, also, that I wanted to try but never got the time for, such as Devil Survivor and Mario & Luigi 3.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
lincruste said:
Easy to answer: GTA Chinatown Wars.
It's also 2005; 2006 2007 and 2008 best DS's game, and will probably remain the best in 2010.

Wasn't even the best game of the month in my opinion but hey, takes all sorts.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many good games came out this year so it's kinda hard to choose.
I'd go for Pokemon HG/SS - Silver* and Gold were my favorite Pokemon games of all times,
me and my brother and half of my class were playing these at the time so it was really fun trading and battling each other.
Hearing these games were going to have a remake for the DS made me so happy.
This is also one of the reasons I bought a DSi - so I can give my DSL to my bro, and then we can play together like good old times
smile.gif

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5-way tie for me:

-Touchmaster 3 (for correcting the problems with the sequel that dares not speak its name)

-Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (they actually went all out for this remake)

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (for finally being able to play as a Shinx
wub.gif
)

-Dragon Dance (new and innovative Shanghai game ftw!)

and I'm gonna be out-the-box and say for my final choice:

-101-in-1 Explosive Megamix (Even though some of the games are downright annoying as hell, some of them are pretty challenging. These are really good for quick plays and when you're really bored (as of now I still have yet to unlock all the games though
cry.gif
) )

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Twas an insanely good year for DS is all I can say...

It'd probably come down to Chinatown Wars or Bowser's Inside Story for me. Loved the novelty of having such a functional and well-polished GTA on DS, but ultimately, I think I had more fun with BIS. Let me just say, though, that Scribblenauts doesn't even make my Top 20 for the year. A huge disappointment that had nothing to do with the hype. It was a dysfunctional mess, one in which novelty took precedence over gameplay.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that only one person so far has mentioned Henry Hatsworth. I can't think of any handheld game that I've played this year that was as much or as fresh as henry hatsworth.

And you people who are saying kingdom hearts are off your rockers. That game is garbage.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SPIRIT TRACKS! I haven't even played the game yet, but I know it's going to be out-awesome (is that even english?) all other ds games.
Other than that:
HG/SS of course, best pokemon games ever.
Phantasy star 0 (hard as hell though)
Kingdom hearts (still trying to get Sora)
Super robot taisen OG saga endless frontier (is it just me or am I the only one who thinks this game was made by a genius?)
Doki majo plus (yay for perviness)
FFCC:EoT (again, I'm prolly the only one who actually liek'd this)
Avalon code

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lincruste said:
BlueStar said:
[...]Wasn't even the best game of the month in my opinion but hey, takes all sorts.

See how things fit together?
QUOTEYour DS Game Of The Year 2009
wink2.gif

Lol.

Anyway, I enjoyed The Dark Spire the most,

but I also loved SRT: OG Saga EF,
Atelier Annie,
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter,
Knights in the Nightmare (just finished this one, and it's Epic),
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days,
Lego Rock Band,
Rythm Heaven,
SMT:DS.

never liked GTA, nor do I really like M+L games.
their battles are just boring, you know.

and Scribblenauts failed. Really, really hard.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently, the top 3 games of 2009 on Ds, for me would be...
4. Professor Layton and the Diabolical box (Pandora's box here
wtf.gif
)
3. Shin Megami: Devil Survivor.
2. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier.
*Drum roll*
Number one is.... Phantasy Star Zero! I seriously loved that game
tongue.gif

Honourable mentions go to, in no particular order, Scribblenauts, Pokemon HG/SS (May be my game of 2010, but as I can't read japanese, It lost something for me) and Nostalgia (Very good game, but it pissed me off at one point so I stopped playing. I need to start playing that again
tongue.gif
).

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Man at least its good to know there are alot of loyal KH fans that vote for it despite the fact that the game was an epic Bust

i love KH but seriously guys. it was the exact same missions as 1&2 only with Roxas i still think the fact that it was kept 3d was sick but other then that and the classic KH gaming style the game was nothing new or exciting

Best game this year Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario & Luigi 3.

The only other DS game to keep me interested til the end was Henry Hatsworth, every other game I got bored with before finishing.

Not a good year for me to be honest regarding DS games, just seemed to be the same old stuff as before. I thought Scribblenauts would have been game of the year but it fell short by a long shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: