Your Dialect

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well here in Germany we have very much dialects and i think i sorta have my own ...

because my family comes from another part of Germany than we are living so i have parts of both.

example:

I say "net" instead of "nicht"
and other shorter forms ... but still i think this dialect is the best to understand cuz its still very close to original german (most other dialects sound completly different from how you write and learn it)

I believe in America and England there are very much different dialects as well right ? i notice sometimes when i watch CNN i understand some ppl perfectly fine and for some ppl i think they do not speak english at all XD

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think Juggy means accents, not dialects. We barely have different dialects at all in the US (compared with Europe, Asia and Africa at least).

I don't think I speak with an accent, but Britons and Aussies would probably dissagree.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Destructobot said:
I think Juggy means accents, not dialects. We barely have different dialects at all in the US (compared with Europe, Asia and Africa at least).
Yes, dialect is a different form of a same language, but accent is just your pronunciation. In Uzbekistan, we have 2 main dialects, 1 in southern is closer to Persian because it is geographically closer to Afghanistan, 1 in northern is the main one, and it has many Russian loan words and is very Turkic, that's the one I speak.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My accent would be British Columbian mixed with Illinois-ese. I might have a minor Texas and Montreal accent from my parents.

And I miserably fail at British English it's perfectly clear that I have absolutely zero British accent.

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
english: I speak aussie english (vocab + accents). It's mainly because I live there. You speak what you hear. I'm not a native speaker; i had english for 8 years in high school, but they only taught us proper british english. If you used american dialect in tests or speeches in front of the class, then you were 'wrong'.

german: native speaker, grew up with one of the worst accents in germany. able to immitate a lot of other german accents; but speak proper german in public : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D