You Furry Ba**ards

  • Thread starter Thread starter Splych
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,627
  • Replies Replies 44
Splych said:
bastards .
i still have no idea in what way i typed that out and never noticed it was spelt wrong xD .

You didn't. I did.
We don't want curse words in thread titles.
I'll change it to anything you want, apart from "bastards"
 
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Splych said:
bastards .
i still have no idea in what way i typed that out and never noticed it was spelt wrong xD .

You didn't. I did.
We don't want curse words in thread titles.
I'll change it to anything you want, apart from "bastards"

Bastard isn't a swear word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard

It used to be that a male dog was called a bastard, while the female was called a bitch. Some people interpret these as swear words though..
 
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Splych said:
bastards .
i still have no idea in what way i typed that out and never noticed it was spelt wrong xD .

You didn't. I did.
We don't want curse words in thread titles.
I'll change it to anything you want, apart from "bastards"
understandable .
though people still interpret it as a typo for bastards . . . just a direct quote from the actual anime , no problem for me .

i don't understand Riossu . i can't tell if he's being a dick , or he's being a good guy . he's just meh .
and no wonder Helix said to stay under ground . he knew what was best for the humans x_x
 
That is one thing interesting about Rossieu's character. He is a metaphor; I don't know if I want to explain it all to you know, I want you to watch and develop your own opinion.
smile.gif
All I can say is he is a metaphor for the government system nowadays. "Does what needs to be done", but corrupt. I personally hated him, though.
wink.gif
 
If you're talking about how he acts in episodes 17 - 19 then he is adding depth to the show. Depth that is lost at the end of episode 19. God, TTGL pisses me off. I wished the show would keep the gripping story for at least a few more minutes...but nope. It leaves INSTANTLY at the end of episode 19. I won't spoil anything, but geez...

I'll just leave this here...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290792&hl=
 
machomuu said:
If you're talking about how he acts in episodes 17 - 19 then he is adding depth to the show. Depth that is lost at the end of episode 19. God, TTGL pisses me off. I wished the show would keep the gripping story for at least a few more minutes...but nope. It leaves INSTANTLY at the end of episode 19. I won't spoil anything, but geez...

I'll just leave this here...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290792&hl=

Awww. I really love it, I wish you'd see it as I did.
tongue.gif


I understand your frustration though, don't worry.
 
Schlupi said:
machomuu said:
If you're talking about how he acts in episodes 17 - 19 then he is adding depth to the show. Depth that is lost at the end of episode 19. God, TTGL pisses me off. I wished the show would keep the gripping story for at least a few more minutes...but nope. It leaves INSTANTLY at the end of episode 19. I won't spoil anything, but geez...

I'll just leave this here...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290792&hl=

Awww. I really love it, I wish you'd see it as I did.
tongue.gif


I understand your frustration though, don't worry.
I did get through the whole show though. I liked the finale, and the theme song is AMAZING. Plus, since Netflix omitted it, I watched episode 7 after I finished the series and it was done very well, I really did enjoy it. Over the Summer I may watch the show again, I'm trying to like it and this time I'm not going in with expectations, so it's possible.

I did like th show, I will say. Very little, but I liked it nonetheless.
 
Splych said:
i just started watching Gurren Lagann .
although i am really late on watching this , i decided to now and it's REALLY good .
episode 5 , and well , i just can't describe how much of a good anime it is .
it doesn't bore me , it's actually quite exciting .

so yeah .
biggrin.gif


any other animes to watch after my finals are done ?

EDIT: i just noticed the epic fail in teh title o_o .
Maybe you should try Neon Genesis Evangelion (or Shin Seiki Evangelion in Japanese). It's also a mecha anime and animated by Gainax (the studio that animated TTGL). There's 26 episodes - last two being terrible. Just watch The End of Evangelion instead. If you still like NGE after watching the series, you should watch the still incomplete Rebuild of Evangelion. NGE is pretty old (back from 1995) and rebuild is a recap version with renewed graphics.

+1 for Clannad. like seriously. As Raika said, watch it.

Steins;Gate is still incomplete (11/24 episodes) but it's amazing so far. I really don't want to spoil any part of it, as it's a mystery/science fiction anime. Time travel is a key plot element in the anime.
 
Dragon Ball Z, it's like TTGL except it's less cliche (heck, many cliches are based off of it), has less deus ex machina, lacks mechs, and is amazing.

Seriously though, they have some shocking similarities.
 
YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WATCH CLANNAD it's nothing but win.

BUT don't watch the movie. It sucks.


@ Machomuu: I can completely understand what you're saying, BUT I think the thing I like about TTGL the most are things missing from DBZ (like GAINAX's classic metaphorical storytelling).
 
Almost read the title as "You Spoony Bards" for some reason.

Yeah, Gurren Lagann is like a gift to mankind. Beats the shit out of like most anime since most anime is really lame.
 
Shit, I thought this was going to finally be the furry debate thread I've been waiting for, so I can speak my mind on what I think of them.
 
PeregrinFig said:
Shit, I thought this was going to finally be the furry debate thread I've been waiting for, so I can speak my mind on what I think of them.

ORLY?

e91922c6b778e5b2ca8e754f0f5c6a0120c57025.jpg

FOR TEH Lulz

No seriously, I think furry phobia is like homo phobia; you gotta be interested in it and in denial to have such "hatred" for it.
tongue.gif



In all honesty, it's not that bad. I have seen other things which are MUUUUUUUCH worse; just remember kiddies, there is no such things as a "safe" genre of porn... it all has some dark end that will disturb you and rot your mind.
 
PeregrinFig said:
Shit, I thought this was going to finally be the furry debate thread I've been waiting for, so I can speak my mind on what I think of them.
Too bad, you just have to live with us.
 
PeregrinFig said:
Shit, I thought this was going to finally be the furry debate thread I've been waiting for, so I can speak my mind on what I think of them.


Don't hold your breath.
We won't ever have that debate flamewar here.
 
LOL .
i've watched Dragon Ball Z already . who ever hasn't , well that's just odd xD .

the ending of Episode 19 was like . . .
i don't know what to say .
Rossiu is well meh . the way he has converted the people and how the original Gurenn Lagann Front is nothing . their opinions feel like they won't matter . :\

but now , Simon is finally in jail with Viral . i wonder what will happen . . .

EDIT: and yes . one of the best OPs i've heard in a while .
on the first episode , when i heard it my jaw just dropped . i've never heard of an anime with a good OP for a while .
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted