You Ever Regret Your Name?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really. my early handle is godreborn. my new one is pinky after pink floyd. I'm usually one or the other on sites.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A supervisor, you mean one of the mods? I guess I'll give it a try!

Ah, I wish I had choosen a different name when I registered. That's stuff of the past I no longer want to be associated with.

Edit:
Ok, I had no idea that supervisor is a different thing. I'm not too familiar with this stuff. Well, if nothing helps I'll just delete this account and create a new one.
A super (me) just posted above that post :P I found that pretty funny

D

Deleted User

Well, i registered for only one question and picked a character of my favourite adventure game
and turned the words arround. If theres something i have in common, sometimes i can be
clumsy / be all fingers and thumbs.

And i like how they took the name from the paint software guy.brush.

Don´t have that much content i would like to have, so it´s ok.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A super (me) just posted above that post :P I found that pretty funny
Ah, timing. :P
I missed it when I edited my post.

Well, I had a longer discussion about the matter with a friend and I guess it won't be the end of the world if I keep that name.

Sorry about that, I had too many things on my mind recently.
You would do that just for the username? In any case try contacting the members in purple, you have to do that if you want to delete the account or change the username anyway.
People would make fun of me if I explained it. It is a non issue to others anyways.

Last edited by Reynardine,
Reactions: Deleted User

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
People would make fun of me if I explained it. It is a non issue to others anyways.

Did they or you anticipate it would happen? If they did, then you should know everyone but them are laughing at their immaturity, don't take such people seriously. But this is enough of a reason to convince a name change to the supes, especially since you have a low post count, please contact one, like the one above. :P

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

All the more reason to change it then, you can only do this now or never, staff doesn't like old users to change usernames due to confusion. Have you contacted a supervisor yet?

As for that scenario, yeah you're not wrong at all from what I can tell from that. It's just a mega account and a pdf, people have got banned for worse on mega (like heavy piracy and DMCA). You're totally innocent in this case and you have no reason to feel bad in any way. If that PDF is a famous book or something, it was bound to get pirated anyway lol, and if not, the owner is getting worked up so much over nothing.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

I'm not sure where exactly this kind of reaction is coming from. But if it is what I think it is, that's life. You can't expect to have no problems at all and not get into some kind of trouble forever (though this is minor) which may even not be of your fault, no one can have that perfect "track record". That's how it has always been. And in this scenario, morality has the least power imo, it's just a petty issue someone took too far.

I do admire a little bit of the fact that you're disturbed by this, which shows you're asking yourself if you did anything wrong, because if you had no doubt of that, you can shrug it off like others since it's another man's anger and his issues. People rarely take the time to question if they themselves did anything wrong or is in the wrong, always quick to blame the other.

But enough of that here, let's try to stay on topic for the thread, we can PM if you want.
Take your time and think it out, I'm sure one day if not sooner or later you will laugh looking back at this. :)

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Does having a different variation of the same name count as regret?

I used to go by “Madridi4ever”, until I realized I can just shorten it to Madridi.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I regret my username ? It's an interesting question and I was ready to jump in right away and answer but decided to sit on think on it for a while. Uiaad has been around for quite a long time now I think it was around 1996 it was first used as a group name. What the meaning behind Uiaad is and what it stood for I will leave for your imagination for now ( or possibly a long winded blog later on down the road).
I've actually gone by a lot of different names over the years, some more famous ( possibly infamous) than others, but Uiaad as a name I first started using around 2003 when I needed a name for a character I had created and it was only meant to be a placeholder until I came up with something better and it just stuck. For those of you interested Uiaad was what I ended up referring to as a Fortune Mage, it wasn't able to control his own innate magical ability without using cards, dice or some other object that required luck.
Around 2006 I started adopting it as a online handle, just for something unique and different that kinda stood out from the types of usernames you had at the time i.e. XxxEmoLover52xxX and it's just pretty much stayed with me. I've pretty much retired it now, in favor of FeralChocobo. As for where that came from, that's a story for another day.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I did regret my previous username due to my name being Crystal in real life. It made things a bit too personal at times and it was starting to bother me from time to time. I don’t regret this username, as this one was picked by the community and means a lot more to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol. +1