Yo-kai Watch Busters heads west as Yo-kai Watch Blasters this fall

ymgh3u7.png

Nintendo has revealed that they'll finally be bringing two more versions of Yo-kai Watch to the west. Japan's 2015 Yo-kai Watch Busters will be making their way simultaneously to North America and Europe on September 7 as the re-titled Yo-kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat Corps and White Dog Squad. Both versions will be available physically and digitally on the 3DS for the regular price of $39.99.

On Sept. 7, two new games in the Yo-kai Watch series are coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. And these new Yo-kai Watch games are unlike anything the series has seen before!

In the Yo-kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat Corps and Yo-kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad games, team up with up to three other friends either locally* or online to fight towering Big Bosses, using skills and powerful Soultimate Moves. While previous Yo-kai Watch games focused on turn-based battles, Yo-kai Watch Blasters drops you into real-time skirmishes in the first ever action-RPG for the series. During these battles, you directly control your Yo-kai as you strategize with different skills and equipment to defeat huge bosses. By taking on various fast-paced missions, you will embark on a journey to meet, befriend and battle more than 400 new and returning Yo-kai. Check out the trailer for the new games right here.

Training Yo-kai will also affect your team’s strength in battle. By training, you can create items and equipment to use on your personal Yo-kai team! By completing missions, more powerful and useful items can be earned.

Each of the two versions of the game contains different Yo-kai, missions and bosses. By trading between the two, you can collect all the Yo-kai! And by linking save data from the Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits, Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls or Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters games, you can get one of three special Yo-kai to take into battle.

To keep the action and content going, a free post-launch update to the game will add additional side stories, Yo-kai, bosses and missions.

Yo-kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat Corps and Yo-kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad launch exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Sept. 7 at a suggested retail price of $39.99 each. Which version will you choose?

Reactions: DarthDub

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it makes sense to do a spinoff, but it looks like they are going to follow the footsteps of everything Pokemon is doing.

As for the game, it looks alright. Funny thing is, from the looks of it, I may prefer the turnbased Yo-Kai more.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's an expanded version of the useless minigame from Yokai Watch 2 with two pointless versions featuring the same two yokai characters they constantly rehash. Oh boy.

I can't fucking wait for the 20th retexture or deformed version of Jibanyan.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: RedBlueGreen

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
we need yo-kai watch 3, not this.. *sigh
Both please! I enjoyed playing blasters with my brother in YKW2 :P

Why do both of them look like cats?
They're not new to this game btw. And because the red one is a cat and the white blue one is based on a komainu statue thingy. which looks like a mix of a lion and a dog. The "dog" translation isnt perfect basically.

Can't wait to give it 5/10. :D
So basically you admit your reviews are bullshit? Well good to hear it from you yourself.

Last edited by dimmidice,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Learn to take a joke. It's a Temp meme, for good reasons.
"A temp meme" a meme you desperately bring up every time yokai watch is mentioned because you want attention. A meme which isn't even funny in the first place. And no yokai watch isn't serious business at all. But a reviewer should maybe try to be fair. Instead of obviously biased & joking about said bias.

Edit: Also spreading a meme you yourself started/is about you is just sad tbh. If it's a good meme others will use it naturally.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"A temp meme" a meme you desperately bring up every time yokai watch is mentioned because you want attention. A meme which isn't even funny in the first place. And no yokai watch isn't serious business at all. But a reviewer should maybe try to be fair. Instead of obviously biased & joking about said bias.

Edit: Also spreading a meme you yourself started/is about you is just sad tbh. If it's a good meme others will use it naturally.
I've never reviewed a Yokai Watch game in my life, but now I desperately want to.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So I had a look at your comments on both Yokai Watch reviews and... Dango mango. It's great to like a game but to get so genuinely worked up over the reviews is something else. If you want people to appreciate the games as you see them, you should spend less time arguing about them and maybe put together a review with your thoughts and feelings. You'll get far more positive responses.

Reactions: DarthDub and BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely like the YoKai watch universe, but the games have some serious short comings that merit their low review scores. I played both 1 and Bony Spirits. I think they are fun games but have a couple of glaring omissions to the gameplay that seems to take the gameplay out of the hands of the player and lets you flounder in at the mercy of unforgiving rng. I like Bony Spirits just a tad more, actually do to the more robust cheats.

Just because a game reviews poorly doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I welcome any and all YoKai watch that Level 5 decides to bring our way. In fact I remember there being a YoKai tactics game that we will probably never see over here.

Reactions: DarthDub

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just because a game reviews poorly doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
Just annoying AF that a certified reviewer (and now mod even) for this site constantly shits on this series based on his original review which was frankly horse shite. He can't have played more than 30 minutes of it because his review had blatant errors in it. And then he was an asshole in the comments too to anyone pointing that out. And since then every time YKW is mentioned on this site he jumps in the thread to troll people. And now since he's a mod i cant even ignore his shitty posts anymore.

You're definitely right that the RNG was bad in the first game. Second gen had much less RNG thankfully. And blasters is an entirely different genre altogether.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just annoying AF that a certified reviewer (and now mod even) for this site constantly shits on this series based on his original review which was frankly horse shite.
Right right right. Stop and read. I'm tired now. It's been said at least twice in this thread. FOXI HAS NEVER REVIEWED A YOKAI WATCH GAME.

Go back and look at the reviews if you don't believe me.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Right right right. Stop and read. I'm tired now. It's been said at least twice in this thread. FOXI HAS NEVER REVIEWED A YOKAI WATCH GAME.

Go back and look at the reviews if you don't believe me.
Oops. Looks like i mixed him up with endoverend then. Was his "can't wait to rate is 5/10" post that made me think so. Oh well my other points still stand. It's not a meme. That original review was pants on head retarded. And also maybe you could tone it down a bit scarlet. I simply didn't see the earlier posts. It skipped right to bortzes. Sorry to foxi4 for mixing him up though.

Glad to see endoverend hasn't posted in a long time here, shame others feel the need to keep his bullshit alive though.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oops. Looks like i mixed him up with endoverend then. Was his "can't wait to rate is 5/10" post that made me think so. Oh well my other points still stand. It's not a meme. That original review was pants on head retarded. And also maybe you could tone it down a bit scarlet. I simply didn't see the earlier posts. It skipped right to bortzes. Sorry to foxi4 for mixing him up though.

Glad to see endoverend hasn't posted in a long time here, shame others feel the need to keep his bullshit alive though.
Or, alternatively, you could start treating review scores as the individual opinions of the reviewer that are not representative of the site or anybody else. Reviews are subjective to begin with and it's entirely possible that endoverend simply didn't enjoy the game as much as you did. That doesn't make his opinion wrong, he just had a different experience. Even arguing about this is childish because the premise is silly - it's like arguing about the merits of Tobasco with someone who doesn't like spicy food. It's a meme because of guys like you who treat a number at the end of a review like it's serious business. You can uphold the highest of journalistic standards and at the end of the day you're reviewing an entertainment product - if it didn't entertain you then it failed, and that's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y