Yo-kai watch 3 Sukiyaki Fan translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Belle71925, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    I'm working on translating yo-kai watch 3 (sukiyaki version specifically), I'm not asking for help translating, rather asking for you guys to send me the text in a typed form along with a picture in story order so that i may copy the text into my on my computer from there, as of right now i've translated the opening scene with Mulder and Scully to show my work, if you don't mind sending me the japanese text

Attached Files:

Levi022005, ConKonner and ExData7 like this.
  2. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Can we just take screenshots of the in-game text as an alternative for those that don't know how to type in Japanese?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    Yea that'll work for me

4. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Why ask anyone to do this when you could just download the game, play it and transcribe the text yourself while doing so? It's more efficient that way no matter how you look at it.

5. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    I have the game myself and the reasoning is having to type each character takes forever, with screenshots I can run them through a program and strip the text making it 15 times faster

6. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    So we post our screenshots here right?

7. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    Yes please (was originally gonna have them sent to my email but the site said it was spam-like XD so yea here is fine)

8. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    I have a couple of screenshots I'll be posting tomorrow

9. Musgora

Musgora Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    This is getting localized now. You should reconsider if you still want a fan translation to come out early or use your skills in another project.

10. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    Welp *facepalm* guess i'll start again the second yokai watch 4 comes out XD

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  11. x06xpower

x06xpower GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    wait , i thought the one they announced is the based version the sushi and tempura one , they mean this one :O ? i tried to search the article but most only says the title yokai watch 3.

12. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Rip...u could maybe work on The Snack World or the Yo-Kai Watch SRPG; Yo-Kai Sangokushi i don't think this one will get localized

13. Belle71925
    OP

Belle71925 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    I might work on sangokushi but i'd have to get it first, i've been wanting to play that one too

ExData7 likes this.
  14. OrangeUnicornPeasant

OrangeUnicornPeasant Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    United States
    Well even though an entire fan translation might sound unnecessary now, they are more than likely going to make some localization fuck ups that not many agree with. Hell I’ve been experimenting with Blasters trying to change it back to Busters (haven’t gotten very far since I’m new to this and have been waiting for the Moon Rabbit update though.) A Sangokushi translation would be great though.

Last edited by OrangeUnicornPeasant, Sep 28, 2018
  15. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    From the 2hours that I played of Sangokushi the game is fun and charming and is influenced with Romance of the 3 Kindgoms references hence why I think it won't get localized

If u need some screenshots of Sangokushi let me know and I'll send them

Last edited by ExData7, Sep 28, 2018
  16. BORTZ

BORTZ Switch Dawg

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I can't believe we are getting Yokai Watch 3. But if you guys are working on Sangokushi, more power to you. I love tactics and I don't think that one will be gracing our shores.

ExData7 likes this.
  17. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Sangokushi will most definitely won't be getting an official localization. Due to the Chinese history elements and the series focusing on a child demographic, that and Nintendo and Level-5 focusing on getting the numbered entries and maybe Buster's 2 localized