Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sorry if this has been asked. But I'm quite new to the vita scene. Just bought one second hand. I'm on 3.60 and installed henkaku. Can I still download my free games from ps plus? I've read that update blocker can be used for PSN access but IDK if it can also be used for ps plus.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
don't forget a PSP game/demo just in case ePSP hax arrive.

Will that not depend on the game which is exploited? or does downloading a PSP game download a PSP emulator?

I have a downloadable copy of LocoRoco (PSP game) already downloaded, so hopefully should be set for that.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed that backup/game without any problems..

20160808_155106.png

Is that mean we can install any DRM free content? ( games updates/etc)..

Reactions: pikpol

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
What about those DRM free pkg files what people use to install with the pkg installer bubble?

Those files would need to be converted to vpk format correct?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah ok we can decrypt games but i thought they still needed to be signed/have a license file for them to work, no?
or, does henkaku patch this stuff so piracy is possible? (i guess so, because, we can load homebrew from the main menu so yeah...)
excellent!

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah ok we can decrypt games but i thought they still needed to be signed/have a license file for them to work, no?
or, does henkaku patch this stuff so piracy is possible? (i guess so, because, we can load homebrew from the main menu so yeah...)
excellent!

The Adventure Time backup is dumped from a devkit Vita so it's already decrypted.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
excellent!
The DRM seems to relies on the executable being decryptable.
The license contains the key to it. That's why you need it.

miladiir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That game is a special case; because it was leaked, it is fully decrypted. Most games are encrypted.
But we are able to decrypt games to mod them now. What exactly is stopping pirates to dump them, package them and share? I guess the only missing link for them is the packaging part. That is probably not to hard either, since one is able to package his homebrew as vpk too.

The Vita games are only hours away from being not safe against pirates anymore. Heck, its probably broken at this exact moment.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
But we are able to decrypt games to mod them now. What exactly is stopping pirates to dump them, package them and share? I guess the only missing link for them is the packaging part. That is probably not to hard either, since one is able to package his homebrew as vpk too.

The Vita games are only hours away from being not safe against pirates anymore. Heck, its probably broken at this exact moment.

We're able to decrypt game assets, but not game executables.

D

Deleted User

OP

Even when decrypted, the executable of a dumped game is still encrypted with NPDRM if I remember rightly.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thank you so much

Just for confirmation,I'll use update blocker if I was interested in PSN/Online (and it's temporary solution)

But if I wasn't interested in that. For example I just want to use FTP and Internet browser to activate HENkake it's not necessary to use update blocker and it's completely safe without it. (I did unchecked Auto updates from the settings)
Yep, that's correct :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: maybe tomorrow lol