Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It takes work to port the exploits. Lots of offsets, testing, incompabilities etc. All the exploits exists since 3.x and most of them exist since 1.x, so yeah it's possible technically. But considering that 3.60 can do everything on lower FW, what's the point in wasting time porting it when it's easier to just update? The only thing not compatible is PSP eCFWs (TNV and such), but it's way easier to just find another psp exploit on 3.60; I'm sure someone is hording one as we speak

You make a very valid point, thank you for replying :)

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Yifan! So glad to read this news. My Vita has been collecting dust since I bought it on launch day. I bought it to run emulators and was hopeful at the time that Android may even be ported since it has an ARM9.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For now I will stay on 3.51 and wait and see.
I hope ePSP and PS1 bubbles will be implemented soon, so that I can update and finally play Persona DAN and Miku X.

After Rejuvenate (which didnt help the Vita scene as much as I would have hoped) I hope the interest in the Vita will rise again and we will maybe see easy account swapping and region free DLC (still got some codes which I cant use since they are for the jap PSN only and I'm using an Asian Acc)

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Im gonna take a leap of faith here and update my 3.52 vita with TNV11, ARK-2, and VHBL to try and get some native hombrew up and running

D

Deleted User

OP
YES YES YES YES!!!!
So this means I have to update from 3.52 to 3.60?
You can if you want. Bear in mind you will have to wait for another PSP-side kernel exploit to release. (eCFW such as TN-V)
Other than that, nothing more really to worry about updating. :)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can if you want. Bear in mind you will have to wait for another PSP-side kernel exploit to release. (eCFW such as TN-V)
Other than that, nothing more really to worry about updating. :)
From what I've read, wouldn't this make getting an eCFW a bit easier?
Like, no need to buy an exploitable PSP game anymore?

D

Deleted User

OP
From what I've read, wouldn't this make getting an eCFW a bit easier?
Like, no need to buy an exploitable PSP game anymore?
If you are already on a firmware that supports the email exploit, you can use just about any PSP game you own (including some demos) to use as the basegame for eCFW.

Reactions: Supster131

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks guys you killed vita...........
Hum. The Vita is already dead, though that is saddening. If anything, homebrew will bring interest. Doesn't Sony even classify the PSV and PSTV as "legacy" hardware?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

T

The4anoni

OP
Afaik sony wants to kill vita as fast as it can... And homebrew is reason to do that... Give me example of newest game ,that isnt japanese or indie......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: