Yet more Wii U rumours from a dev

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Hadrian, Jun 2, 2012.

Jun 2, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    E3 is getting into full flow, we're gonna be swamped by more rumours than usual. Here are the latest round:

Full details here: http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-getting-achievements-cloud-storage-social-networking/

Basically, achievements...yeah PC/360/PS3 users have had them for years now. Wii U should have them without a doubt but also with these you'll get points so you can buy skins, costumes and what not...this nameless developer says:

Next up again with more cloud storage, only this time apparently gamers will get "a few hundred mb" for free. This will only be used for saves and profiles.

Social networkings...again...more integrations with Twitter, Facebook and youtube. Players can upload screen grabs, "auto-tweet" game progress and record and upload game videos onto Youtube. This dev says:

Mii's are still there, yeah we knew that when Nintendo showed the NSMB Mii demonstration. These ones are said to be in HD of course and like the 3DS you can take a picture of yourself with the controllers camera and it'll turn into a Mii version...I look like a melon when I do mine :( a dev has this to say:

Finally according to this dev, porting titles over to the Wii U isn't as easy as it was thought to be (or as what Gearbox say it is) however that is just PS3 to Wii U.

No shit Sherlock! Obviously as always take these rumours with a pinch of salt but I think some are pretty obvious.

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Sounds good, finally the Wii U will be up to par. For that last part, I've read that a lot of devs prefer developing on the 360 then porting to the PS3 for similar reasons.

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I would expect achievements and all that jazz. I just hope Nintendo doesn't forget about the 3DS with the Wii U and add these features to the 3DS as well.

Twitter and Facebook notifications are welcomed by me (Twitter specifically). It would be awesome if we could instantly take pics and post it on Twitter. Cloud storage is great for storing saves and should be on every platform, IMO.

With all the rumors we've been hearing about the OS taking up a lot of RAM, it better be awesome.

4. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If Nintendo gets social networking right then it will at least be on par with this generation of consoles.