Homebrew Yet Another Wad Manager Mod

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had noticed a second revision of his wad manager 1.6 was released, looks like a ticket fix. What exactly are the changes? Didnt know anything was wrong with tickets, unless its the error -1029 from rev18+ but i thought that was from the lack of trucha

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What does that mean for already installed WADs?

BTW. What would be the best IOS of those to install things?

QUOTE said:
cIOS202 v4 IOS38 merged with IOS60
cIOS202 v4 IOS38
cIOS202 v5 IOS60
cIOS202 v5 IOS38

cIOS236 (Fully patched IOS36)

cIOS249 v19 Base 57
cIOS249 v19 Base 38

greets, user423

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt realize at first thsi new update would allow wads to be installed with rev18+ any base. After some testing with it, its exactly as fast as 202 V4 hermes is! Thanks for the update perfect compatibility again.

I'm using rev 19 with base 57 by the way

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
I didnt realize at first thsi new update would allow wads to be installed with rev18+ any base.

Yeah, with hindsight it's surprising no one checked the tickets given the error. As soon as I saw the tweet regarding this i was like

facepalm.gif

Let this be a warning to people about just accepting recieved wisdom

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey nobs

Downloaded your HBC package of the google code site. I have a small minor suggestion. When I extracted the zip it creates the folder "wadmanager" under apps. I already have a wadmanager folder, which I think is the guiwad manager that you tweaked
smile.gif
, so I renamed it YAWMM. You may want to change the folder in the zip to YAWMM by default.

just an idea, and thanks for the great work!

Toastbrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just to be certain, is it possible to completely delete wads with this one that have been flashed with wad manager 1.5 before?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, ive got another super idea for something to add to yawmm.

recently i found the instruction games use to start the system menu when you press the home button and then select "wii menu". i can now patch this to start any other channel when they exit. so you can exit a game and go directly to HBC or whatever without using preloader. disc based games can be patched on the fly as they are launched. but because of the way channels are booted it isnt yet possible. ive looked at the way libogc, triiforce, and geckoOS boot channels and none of them will allow the game to be patched on the fly.

but VC/WW can be patched as they are installed to exit to a certain channel. my idea is to add a little menu into wadmanager. so you just have a menu that looks like the IOS selection screen we know so much. but instead of IOS, it will show available channels. then the user can pick a TID and while the new channel is being installed, it can be patched and the TMD updated just like IOSes are patched. and now whenever that VC/WW is exited, it will start the TID.

is this something you would want to add to this project?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
giantpune said:

recently i found the instruction games use to start the system menu when you press the home button and then select "wii menu". i can now patch this to start any other channel when they exit. so you can exit a game and go directly to HBC or whatever without using preloader. disc based games can be patched on the fly as they are launched. but because of the way channels are booted it isnt yet possible. ive looked at the way libogc, triiforce, and geckoOS boot channels and none of them will allow the game to be patched on the fly.

but VC/WW can be patched as they are installed to exit to a certain channel. my idea is to add a little menu into wadmanager. so you just have a menu that looks like the IOS selection screen we know so much. but instead of IOS, it will show available channels. then the user can pick a TID and while the new channel is being installed, it can be patched and the TMD updated just like IOSes are patched. and now whenever that VC/WW is exited, it will start the TID.

It'd be a great feature for those of us who use Triiforce, and I'd love to have this feature!
Pune, could you implement this as a stand alone command line app for Windows so we can use it with Show Mii Wads too?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
giantpune said:

hey giantpune, can the same be done for the Home Menu's Reset Button? Some games reset the console, and others reset the game, i like being able to use the wii menu button and the reset system button to launch configurable usb loader (TID=IDCL)... is this possible (I don't see how it would be any different than what you suggested to do for the wii menu button, but I thought I would ask anyways)

thx

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can probably be patched. but i dont ever use the reset button, so i probably wont look into it unless i get really bored one day.

but the patch already works to boot a forwarder channel if you select "wii menu" instead of reset.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pune that seems a great idea, I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd like it.

How come it can't be patched at runtime with channels? Is it not in the main dol?

giantpune said:

I set this up to give all these mods an easy to find, permanent home so I'm open to anything to do with wads in YAWMM.

@Toastbrot - I don't see why not.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here it is, starting at line 419 http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/sou...hes/patchcode.c

i think that the easiest way to impliment this is with a few little checks...
1) is the wad being installed 0x00010001, 0x00010002, or 0x00010004
2) is the content being installed NOT a u8 archive
3) try the patch. if it is successful, then dont try any more of the content in that wad.

apparently nickasasa says that triiforce uses a different way to boot channels, so it may work there. but the reason it doesnt work for channels booted by the libogc or geckoOS method is that we never deal with the "meat & potatoes" of the channel. At the most, we just load up the little nandloader doodad and it is what actually puts the meat & potatoes part into memory. Since we can't patch it is it is getting put into memory ( since the nand loader is doing that ) we can just patch it as it is getting put onto the nand, so it will be patched already when the nandloader thingy reads it.

i thought already about doing this with a PC app like toejam asked about. but i have a big issue with that. this patch isnt just a "change a to b and c to d" patch. So, while it is reversible, it is not advised to do this to actual wads. Instead, i think wads should just be patched as they are installed. Then if you decide you want the channel to exit to some other place, you can just reinstall the exact same wad but change the TID it uses. This can be done with showmiiwads also. you will just need to convert this to c# and toss it in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1