Homebrew Yet Another Wad Manager Mod

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country


A continuation of Leathl's Wad Manager Multimod

Features added

Hold +/- for 2 seconds to select all items in a directory.
Supports Hermes v4/v5 cIOS. Mainly useful if 202 works best for your HDD/SDHC card.
More detailed failed report after batch un/installs.
Will not uninstall The System Menu, the SM's region EULA or rgsel, or their IOSs.
Will not install the wrong regions SM.
Will not load stub IOS.
Will not install titles if they rely on a stub IOS
Will not install stub SM, EULA and rgsel IOS.
Will not install SM lower than 4.0 on boot2v4 Wiis.
Gives a warning when uninstalling the HBCs IOS.
Read config file from usb.
Can load an alternative background from /wad/background.png
Won't load incompatible cIOS in SNEEK

Not a feature: I've heard some say no wad manager works with SNEEK. This one does if you don't have any incompatible cIOSs installed.

Known Issues


To do

Network update.

Items marked with * are in the testing release

Wishlist

SMB support.
?

Links

Current r25 Download http://yawmm.googlecode.com/files/YAWMM.zip Added info for new SM's
Current dol only http://yawmm.googlecode.com/files/boot.dol

Readme http://code.google.com/p/yawmm/wiki/yawmm_ReadMe
Issues http://code.google.com/p/yawmm/issues/list
Source http://code.google.com/p/yawmm/source/checkout
 

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
2,822
Trophies
0
Location
8-Bit Heaven
XP
383
Country
United States
No need it got it
wink.gif


Nobby: Very nice! I'm going to be checking this one out tonight (if time allows
tongue.gif
)

Keep it up!

OH hey, quick question, does this Wad manager read multiple partitions? 1.5 official does not, but 1.4 expanded does. Basically my WBFS is the first partition, and Fat32 is second, both are primary... however 1.5 doesn't find the partition... i'll check it out myself at some point if you can't answer, i'm just curious for now
smile.gif
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
Thanks. I'm just jiggling my partitions around and testing that for you.

It worked with first partition as WBFS and second as FAT32, but only mounting the drive as USB not USB2. I didn't remember to set the fat partition as active though.

Edit: Disregard that, it works fine. I had a non USB2 cIOS installed.
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
OriginalHamster said:
Could be useful have WiFi installation option, just a though

I'm planning on it, but don't know which route people would like to see first. I definitely want to put in SMB and wiiload support. Which one would people like me to try to do first?
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
Hey thanks for your mod, definite great additions, i tried out the newest rev 10 for compatibility with cIOS rev18 base 57 but i get an error installing wads, this one will actually read my sd card though so it gets farther than others will but still wont actually install any wads says ret = -1024 or 1026 i cant remember
 

kaligula

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
23
Trophies
0
XP
43
Country
Gambia, The
Cios on ios 57 Wad install Error 1029

Wad uninstall works fine


install Cios on Ios 38 and Yawmm works fine with Waninkokos new Cios. All other Wadmanager to.

cfg Usb Loader is not starting with installing on ios 38

USB Loader GX starts and reads WBFS/FAT32. PLayeed Games from WBFS not all, same Problems as with rev.17. Fat32 Games hang on in blackscreen.


Now I stay at rev.17 after 2 is not functioning for installations! The question remains whether the coders really want to do the work to rewrite everything because Waninkoko or avoid directly on Hermes?
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
I've just had a play myself and it seems to only install fakesigned wads if IOS38 is used as a base. Doesn't hermes's v5 cIOS have the same problem?

Skater4599 said:
this one will actually read my sd card though so it gets farther than others will but still wont actually install any wads says ret = -1024 or 1026 i cant remember

I've a similar problem with my SDHC card. If you have IOS202 merged 60 (as used by mplayer ce) it should work fine with your card.
 

LordX

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
18
Trophies
0
XP
178
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Wishlist

?
Allow file execution when press "A" on DOL or ELF file, when finished will back to WadManager.
if possible "B+A" it will ask to select IOS to use for execution.
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
I've just had a play myself and it seems to only install fakesigned wads if IOS38 is used as a base. Doesn't hermes's v5 cIOS have the same problem?

Skater4599 said:
this one will actually read my sd card though so it gets farther than others will but still wont actually install any wads says ret = -1024 or 1026 i cant remember

I've a similar problem with my SDHC card. If you have IOS202 merged 60 (as used by mplayer ce) it should work fine with your card.

Thanks it does work for fakesigned wads as 202 merged 60. The only channels i use are custom/homebrew forwarders so i dont think theres anyway to have them not fakesigned... is there?

btw i posted wrong it is infact ret = -1029 not 24 or 26. I was just hoping for a fix with R18 as 57 base
grog.gif
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
Skater4599 said:
Thanks it does work for fakesigned wads as 202 merged 60. The only channels i use are custom/homebrew forwarders so i dont think theres anyway to have them not fakesigned... is there?

btw i posted wrong it is infact ret = -1029 not 24 or 26. I was just hoping for a fix with R18 as 57 base
grog.gif


As long as it's the v4 version yep. v5 Has the same problem as 249r18 if not using IOS38 base. You might want to try this version http://www.mediafire.com/file/4z0zdx1ihom/yawmm.dol, it has a couple of small fixes for when r18 is installed.

LordX said:
QUOTE said:
Wishlist

?
Allow file execution when press "A" on DOL or ELF file, when finished will back to WadManager.

I don't really see how that would be useful in a wad manager.

QUOTE
if possible "B+A" it will ask to select IOS to use for execution.

And that wouldn't work for a lot of apps, I could launch them with a different IOS and they'd just load the one they wanted anyway.
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Skater4599 said:
Thanks it does work for fakesigned wads as 202 merged 60. The only channels i use are custom/homebrew forwarders so i dont think theres anyway to have them not fakesigned... is there?

btw i posted wrong it is infact ret = -1029 not 24 or 26. I was just hoping for a fix with R18 as 57 base
grog.gif

As long as it's the v4 version yep. v5 Has the same problem as 249r18 if not using IOS38 base. You might want to try this version http://www.mediafire.com/file/4z0zdx1ihom/yawmm.dol, it has a couple of small fixes for when r18 is installed.

I tried this new version just barely and it throws the same error 1029 and also my forwader channel code dumped it but it loaded from the hbc fine
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
Oh no my appologies, i meant still trying Rev18 base 57 249, 202 works fine and yes its IOS 202 hermes V4 merged 60 (Homebrew)

Im guessing it only code dumped still due to the use of ios 249 rev18 with 57 base, im changing the IOS in my config file to 202 now

Edit: wow i wish i would have used 202 long time ago, install wads is literally 4-5 times faster than 249 rev17 was!
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
I'm planning a network update option (that's why the Current boot.dol is always at the same place) but I'm not sure about auto-update. Doesn't trying to use wifi crash the Wii some cIOSs if you don't have a connection set up?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtube.com/shorts/N6ZiG1c80q4?feature=share