Homebrew yet another thread: Dolphin Retroarch?

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the new Dolphin Retroarch be supporting the 3DS? I really want to get the bad/underrated gamecube games on my N3DS (or o2DS if possible).

colt05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

In what parallel universe do you think it's possible to emulate the Gamecube on hardware weaker than the Gamecube?
I guess that's a no :(
I wasn't sure if it was possible or not, I was just asking.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Retroarch core is unlikely to support any platform that the original Dolphin doesn't support. So Windows, OSX, Linux x86-64, BSD x86-64 and Android.

Even if the 3DS were hypothetically powerful enough, Dolphin isn't supposed to be super-portable.

Last edited by sj33,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
... I was unaware that the 3DS could run Gamecube games even from a theoretical standpoint.
I mean, technically, you *could*. Not anywhere near a recognisable experience, but writing an emulator would be possible. What for? Dunno. The 3DS is very weak.

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean, technically, you *could*. Not anywhere near a recognisable experience, but writing an emulator would be possible. What for? Dunno. The 3DS is very weak.

Sent from my cave of despair where I don't stalk Seriel
Even then, Dolphin requires OpenGL 4.4 minimum. Can the 3DS even support that feature set?

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, I know that the GC is around 8 GFLOPS and the o3DS is more like 4 GFLOPS. But where would be the N3DS, since its clock frequency is much higher? Yeah, I still know that it'll never emulate GC, don't think I'm a noob)

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes you get really good framerates. It's very impressive for what it's running on.
so it is power holding it back, ok, bummer, well, time to wait a few years for when switch homebrew is possible, I'm absolutely sure the switch can handle ps1

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely, just depends on how well the emulator is ported.
well, it's portable and has decent power so it seems like it will make a nice emulation machine, so hopefully that translates into people being more willing to work on a ps1 and other emus, though it seems there are people already working hard on cracking the system already with amazing results for so early on in the systems life

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D