YET ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT CORBENIK

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DestructiveSword, Jan 30, 2017.

1. DestructiveSword
    OP

DestructiveSword Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    In the guide, it says "Copy the files into the root of your SD Card." I'm not sure if I'm suppose to put every single file in there or just a few. Can someone tell me where to put all of the files?

Last edited by DestructiveSword, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Xiphiidae, Zidapi and nechigawara like this.
  3. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    If you can't figure out a simple step you shouldn't use Corbenik...

4. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    Stick to Luma seeing as you can't follow simple instructions.

Minnow likes this.
  5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Do you even know what Corbenik is and what the benefits of using it? If moving files to an SD card is too big of a task for you then what exactly do you hope to accomplish with Corbenik? I can already imagine the following scenario where you do somehow manage to install Corbenik and you are soon here creating threads again, but now complaining about a brick you caused because you did god knows what with a CFW you clearly shouldn't be even looking at.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Stop using Corbenik. If you can't figure out something this basic, Corbenik is not the CFW for you

7. Infidel

Infidel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I believe Corbenik is for "Advanced Users" which I'm guessing your not since your not even able to install it. If you already have a9lh be happy with what you have and move on.

8. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Come on guys, move on. We don't need ten people saying the exact same thing.

Here is a good rule for deciding whether to reply to a forum post. Ask yourself, "will what I have to say add new, useful information that isn't already there?" If yes, post away. If not, find another thread to comment on.

Minnow, iAqua, infinete and 3 others like this.
  9. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I actually commented simply to have a comment in here. Let me explain, every single time a Corbenik pops up and I don't comment, 9 times out of 10, I will end up tagged in it. Then I go on my lunch/get off work and end up with like 13 notifications and 3 PMs related to that thread. To which I just stare at my laptop like
    Excalibur_face_1.PNG
    Because all I want to do is enjoy some youtube, but now I have a mess to deal with.
    So I find that simply commenting anything, it could be, "Farty poopy diapers, Batman! Don't you Corbenik if you don't know what you are doing!" and people will be less likely to tag me.
    To which I would like to say, I am not even the dev to Corbenik. I am just a user and one of the testers.

And to the OP, seriously research this one. Corbenik is not a toy, it was made hard on purpose because it was made for Advanced user (devs and powerusers.) Seriously, Corbenik gives you the option to run without FIRM0/1 protection and it doesn't warn if it's turned off. That's just the tip of the iceberg with Corbenik.

10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you didn't want notifications you could choose to not reply, or to turn off notifications for this post. In fact @Distrance said exactly the same thing you did, already, albeit in a less concise fashion. You didn't really add anything vital to the post by commenting. If you're just getting ahead of someone tagging you, then you can just wait until then if they need your input, and then if no one does you've been able to spend more time working or looking at YouTube. Win-win.

Xiphiidae, infinete and VinsCool like this.
  11. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I can agree to that