Yet another "help me update to 1.51" thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by cardyology, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009
  1. cardyology
    OP

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, I need to re-flash my 360 for 1.51, problem is, I dunno where the fook I stand as fas as flashing goes.

I have an elite flashed with the latest 1.5ix i think - it was flashed before the liteon drives could be done so I ended up paying a guy to flash the liteon key into a BENQ dvd drive.

SO now I have a BENQ dvd drive spoofed as the original lite on. I still have the lite on drive sitting on my desk (covered in dust)

So my question is :- How do I go about updating to the latest FW? As i see it i have a few options....

1: Put the liteon back i nthe 360 & flash it to the lastest FW - I assume I'd need to buy a probe & connectivity kit for this?
    2: Update the spoofed BENQ to 1.51 - is this possible? Im thinking I can get the liteon key out of the BENQ & flash the BENQ up to 1.51, still spoofed as Liteon?
    3: Could I get the key from the BENQ & put itinto the liteon and flash the liteon without a connectivity kit?

Im blagged, its so fricken complicated!!

Any advice would be greatm thanks. I posted these questions at xboxscene but the answere i got were to compex. I need noob language!

2. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Should be as simple as if you had a stock firmware on the BenQ to update it to 1.51, just follow the JungleFlasher User Guide.

3. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Does it matter that the BENQ drive is spoofed as a liteon?

4. velocity37

Member velocity37 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It shouldn't. Everything about the BenQ drive is in its firmware, and JungleFlasher should notice from your dump.

Worst case scenario: You dump your drive firmware, find out that for some reason you're not going to 1.51, reflash to your original ix1.5 dump.

5. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help mate.

Tonight im gonna try reflsh the BENQ with updated firmware through Jungleflasher.