Hacking Yellow screen

kolagyrl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I replaced the bottom screen on a dsl. Had to replace the touchscreen module also. Got everything put back together and when you turn ds on the bottom screen is yellowish...(well pink) I even put the old lcd back on and same thing... so what did I do wrong? I followed supermodchips instructions.. Please help. You can play on it, the touchscreen works, it is just yellowish.. (pink). Very frusterating, I have been trying to figure out what I did wrong.. Thanks
unsure.gif

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o_o, could you provide a picture of this "yellow" screen?
Did you by any chance scratch a bit of the ribbon cable while
putting the case back together? Or is the ribbon cable slot thingy
not aligned right with the ribbon cable?

kolagyrl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is pink instead of yellow. Yellow when it first comes on then pink. I dont think I messed up the ribbon cable, I checked to make sure it was inserted well.
my_pixPhoto0014.jpg

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's definitely a problem with the connectors.
However, the DS Lite has a well-known and widespread manufacturing defect with yellow touch screens, as can be seen clearly in this picture.
070516yellowdsl.jpg

If you want to test if your DS Lite has the yellow screen, just play Super Mario 64 DS and go to the basement.

Edit: Some better pics and more info about the yellow screen problem here: http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/7/1-1

kolagyrl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should take apart and reinsert the connectors? I know that the one for the touchscreen is tricky to get in its slot.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Yeah, I had to return 2 DSLs from Lamestop before I got one with two perfect screens.

This is why you should ask to test any system before purchase and if they refuse, then walk out. I am aware the big light bulbs stores use give off different light than standard home-use bulbs or energy saving CFL bulbs, however but even so, test it first. You should be able to tell from even a quick inspection. I always test handhelds first for dead pixels and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Nick is not that new