NULL

YAWMM Not Loading USB (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SailorsNot, Aug 11, 2018.

1. SailorsNot
    OP

SailorsNot Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys. Brand new to the whole modding scene. I just formatted a 32gb USB from FAT32 to NTFS. I downloaded USB Loader and it appears on there, but it shows up an error; the error says "ERROR! (ret = -1)". I've tried doing some research on some of the threads on here, but I've come up very confused and hesitant to try all of the different ways to troubleshoot it. I forgot to say that I am on an original Wii with 4.3U.
    I just want to know the simplest way of troubleshooting this.

2. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    @SailorsNot Try FAT32? Why did you switch from FAT32 to NTFS?

3. SailorsNot
    OP

SailorsNot Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States
    I wanted to use NTFS so I could install larger games, which FAT32 is not capable of doing more than 4gb in one file

4. nintendo1889

nintendo1889 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    I believe you can split large files. And Wii Backup /wbfs manager do this automatically, if they need to. Disclaimer: AFAIK

https://gbatemp.net/threads/trouble...-fat32-if-split-over-4gb.320937/#post-4106167

Last edited by nintendo1889, Aug 11, 2018
  5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You don't need NTFS for large files. As nintendo1889 said you can split games >4GB. Also, a lot of homebrew does not work with anything except MBR/FAT32, including the HBC itself.

There is no difference in how cIOSes access games once they're started as far as filesystems go because the loader just sends a list of the sectors the game takes up. The disc could technically be unformatted as long as the game is on the disc somewhere.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Aug 11, 2018
NULL