Yes... I searched... for 2 days already. I've been trying to do research on this, and there doesn't seem to be any mention of the problems I'm having. I got tired of having to resize to increase my WBFS partition so I figured it was time to switch over to FAT32. It seemed to work flawlessly... that is until I tried loading Guitar Hero 5. No freezing on black... it just resets back to the main Wii system menu. Initially I thought maybe the file was corrupt, so I tried the one on my WBFS drive and it worked no problem... so I transfered that file to the FAT32 just to be sure. I used Wii Backup Fusion on a mac, split at 4GB to a WBFS file. Same thing... boots back to system menu. So it's not the game image that's the problem.
BTW I'm running the latest public release of USB Loader GX, and using cIOS dx7final[56] in slot 249. Tried a bunch of other bases... 37, 57, hermes v5 222[38], 223[37], 224[56] but to no avail. Same results. All the games are in the wbfs folder on the HDD, and named GAMEID.wbfs.
Having realized this was the first game I was trying that was over 4GB and split into two files, I tried some of the other split games. I got the same exact results on all these games: Guitar Hero Metallica, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Metroid Other M, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. This is in fact all the games I have that are split, save one. For some strange reason Metroid Prime Trilogy loads no problem. I tried to see if it was named differently, but it has the same WBF1 extension that all the others do. And in fact USBLGX reports the accurate size for each of the games... so it is seeing the split file.
I went through the settings to see if there was any stupid setting that I didn't have set. There isn't. There's is no setting that has anything to do with loading from FAT or split files. The only thing that makes reference to splitting is a setting for ripping games... not loading. The next thing I thought is maybe it has to do with those stupid mirror ".filename" hidden files that my mac likes putting in folders. I usually delete them using WiiExplorer because they can cause trouble with USBLGX seeing them as themes or homebrew apps. But I checked in the wbfs folder and there wasn't a single one.
So I'm stumped. If I can't figure this out I guess I'm just gonna go back to WBFS.
BTW I'm running the latest public release of USB Loader GX, and using cIOS dx7final[56] in slot 249. Tried a bunch of other bases... 37, 57, hermes v5 222[38], 223[37], 224[56] but to no avail. Same results. All the games are in the wbfs folder on the HDD, and named GAMEID.wbfs.
Having realized this was the first game I was trying that was over 4GB and split into two files, I tried some of the other split games. I got the same exact results on all these games: Guitar Hero Metallica, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Metroid Other M, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. This is in fact all the games I have that are split, save one. For some strange reason Metroid Prime Trilogy loads no problem. I tried to see if it was named differently, but it has the same WBF1 extension that all the others do. And in fact USBLGX reports the accurate size for each of the games... so it is seeing the split file.
I went through the settings to see if there was any stupid setting that I didn't have set. There isn't. There's is no setting that has anything to do with loading from FAT or split files. The only thing that makes reference to splitting is a setting for ripping games... not loading. The next thing I thought is maybe it has to do with those stupid mirror ".filename" hidden files that my mac likes putting in folders. I usually delete them using WiiExplorer because they can cause trouble with USBLGX seeing them as themes or homebrew apps. But I checked in the wbfs folder and there wasn't a single one.
So I'm stumped. If I can't figure this out I guess I'm just gonna go back to WBFS.









