ROM Hack RELEASE Y'allAreNUTs save tool - aka switch-save-dump-hack-job by 3096

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly! I found it kind of weird that dumping gave 0 (manual save), 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (autosaves) but they're not in order. 5 is the first autosave? Just kinda odd, I haven't done a ton of save tinkering or anything before though, so it might just be me.

Slightly off-topic, with the web-based save editor, is there a way to add gear/items you don't have into your inventory? I saw the "Add Item" button at the top, but it seemed to just kinda randomly add food items, and I didn't see anywhere to manually specify the added item.

I had the same problem with the BOTW editor when I first used it. You can change the added item type with the controls. Click on the item's icon, then pick in the dropdown list. Have fun!

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But can you specify which item to add? Just clicking "add item" seems to just add a random item, I can see where they get added, but can't see where to choose which item it adds. I might just be totally blind though.
you have to click where it says apple and wait a few seconds and a drop down list will show up

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Attachments

• botwsave.png
    botwsave.png
    68 KB · Views: 365

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh... yea I'm 3096 btw. Idk why I chose this retarded username on gbatemp

link:
https://github.com/3096/nut/releases/

nutdemo.png

Use UP & DOWN to select a save to dump.
Press A to dump save files into "save/" (will overwrite whatever's already in there.)
Press X to inject all files that are present in "inject/" (sometimes doesn't work due to libnx being unstable on 5.0. I don't have enough testing to know the extract fail behaviors tbh. Try reducing the amount of files you're injecting or even one file at a time or something. Use at your own risk and always have backups)
Press PLUS to quit when not copying files.

I only made a release of this homebrew because I saw people trying to get builds of my previous versions and it got quite messy... This is by no means a formal program for the long term. It's just a filler for people who are too impatient to wait for Checkpoint's stable version on 5.0.

Credits:
Me
MegaKarp
Stary for showing me how to find the issue commit in libnx
All the hardworking people behind libnx
btw, you can message issac or another mod to change your name. just don't wait, because after about 300 messages, they wont do it anymore.

MegaMagikarp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I added an update based on these issues that people had:
This is cool. Just a heads up, it would be nice to show title ID alone with the name as non-English titles will be non-readable strings.

currently the proccess of backing up games in this manager is rather tedious especially doing them one at a time, and moving their content into their own tailored folders for safe keeping
https://github.com/3096/nut/releases
Refer to OP for change log after I edit it.

camilord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey! Sorry but i have a silly question, can i transfer a zbotw save from one user to another with this tool? (Im not interested in edit the savegame, i only need to change the user owner of the savegame)

Please can you suggest me a good tutorial to hack the switch. Thanks

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey! Sorry but i have a silly question, can i transfer a zbotw save from one user to another with this tool? (Im not interested in edit the savegame, i only need to change the user owner of the savegame)

Please can you suggest me a good tutorial to hack the switch. Thanks

Just inject the dumped save to that user and see if that works. Also you need to play that game with that user to create a save record first for this tool to show.

Reactions: camilord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1