ROM Hack RELEASE Y'allAreNUTs save tool - aka switch-save-dump-hack-job by 3096

Doneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will it be possible in theory to backup my saved games from my 5.0 Switch and use them on my 3.0 Switch (with another user account) ?

Theoretically yes, unless the games were played on different title updates - that could get messy. I was forced into picking up an updated cart of MK8 due to an update being flagged on my save whilst using a friends cart. But the update available then was still a favourable one.

To do so you'd either need to update the game without updating the system - As of now its difficult/not accomplished as of yet (I'm un sure if using the local update feature updates the system as well - research that) or editing the game save.

Last edited by Doneo,

c0rpz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thank you soo much for this! With a little research, I was able to take my CEMU save files for BOTW, convert them to Switch save files and use this tool to inject them into my Switch! I had further progress in BOTW on CEMU so this tool is a blessing! Great work!
I'm looking to do this soon, can't you simply copy the save file over to your SD from your mlc01 CEMU folder. Can you clarify on what you did by 'converting' them.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

HeldDerZeit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i try to load a Save i dont get an Error but then i dont have the Save state in game i tried it with TLoZ BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey and my Switch is on 5.0.2

SkulllKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a "fsdevCommitDevice() failed" trying to inect BotW data, i ust put the 0 folder, idk if it is because its the autosave, if it is that can i ust put the .sav to the folder 1?

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a "fsdevCommitDevice() failed" trying to inect BotW data, i ust put the 0 folder, idk if it is because its the autosave, if it is that can i ust put the .sav to the folder 1?

Use checkpoint save tool think it supports all fw now.Also first load botw load a save then make a manual save and note the landscape/scene then when dump save check the img in each folder that match your manual save landscape/scenery.

SkulllKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use checkpoint save tool think it supports all fw now.Also first load botw load a save then make a manual save and note the landscape/scene then when dump save check the img in each folder that match your manual save landscape/scenery.

but i need to dump again with checkpoint and the edit the save and inect? or the files i already dump and edit with this one works? im on 2.1

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i already make the dump but i have to create the folder "inject" and put the folder 0 (for example) and then back to the app?

Checkpoint dont use inject folder just select game and dump save will make u select a name to call folder then when edit save make sure its the save from your manual save by checking the screenshots in save folders

Reactions: SkulllKid

bodyXY

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey @All

i try it with this tool but at the point to inject the save i get the same error "fsdevCommitDevice() failed"

I edit the savegame before with marcrobledo webside tool,

With Checkpoint i can restore the modded save but after i get a force close ingame (Zelda BotW) its not useable.

What i do wrong?

4.1.0 - BotW 1.0 - hekate-ipl-50x port for 4.x - Y'allAreNUTs v0.1.1 - Checkpoint v3.1.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30