Hacking YAL-binaries for injection into channels.

joda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
Are you using joda's custom version and have you edited the gameid... because the stock ones won't work in a channel.

Posts merged

Are you using joda's custom version and have you edited the gameid... because the stock ones won't work in a channel.
Seems like the hardcoded ones boot fine in hbc despite of location, but refuse to boot from channel. I'm at work now, so I can't see for myself now, but I'll look into it later tonight.

joda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried the hardcoded ones, which work using wiiload over TCP to HBC, with a dol-forwarding channel?

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going to try a forwarded channel in a few minutes (as soon as my wife is done playing ACCF). But even if that works it doesn't really solve anything...a dol forwarder would have to be written for every gameID for that to be feasible...and if my understanding is correct we could just use the original dol on the SD card that reads the ID from its directory, right? Anyway, I'll let you know the test results as soon as they're in.

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the Wii Sports Dol file, but it's looking for a disc.
How do I get this to work?
smile.gif

EDIT:
By the way, the title of the game is RSPP01
It should work...

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dodi said:
I tried the Wii Sports Dol file, but it's looking for a disc.
How do I get this to work?
smile.gif

EDIT:
By the way, the title of the game is RSPP01
It should work...

You need to have cIOS USB2 installed...I made that same mistake at first.

EDIT: Using a DOL forwarder causes my screen to blink twice and go straight to the "An Exception Occured!" code dump screen of YAL.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno...I got the disc scan error/code dump until I installed cIOS USB2 with IOS222. After that it worked.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep...hopefully you all can have this worked out by the time I wake up
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HowardC said:
Screemer said:
i would prefer a wii application that extracts banner/sound on the wii and displays them in a nice looking menu. this app could be stored ass a channel on the wii. ss like that:

doesn't have to be that fancy.

Well it couldn't be that fancy because nobody has a 360-degree "box rip" available for games to use a a texture over the 3d model of a dvd case.
wink.gif

As far as a menu with png image support that should be fairly simple..... the wbfs boot.dol (yal) is doing all of the work.... a homebrew channel-like app would just have to be developed that supports pngs of that dimension and loads dols. Find one that is open sourced and change the dimensions.... it's as simple as that. If somebody writes the wii app I'll be happy to write some sort of pc-end app that finds the appropriate boxart and sets up the boot.dol for each game.
an channel with a hbc like structure would be great. even better would it be if no windows tools were needed. the loader/launcher app on wii could extract banner and sound of each game installed on the wbfs partition and create channel like icons on a dashboard similar to system menu. that's what i am hoping the launcher develops to.

or something homebrew browser 3 like would be great to. where you can categorize your games by your interest or what ever:

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant get these dols running from HBC either. Its always just looking for a disc then errors out with 'returned 3'. Have reinstalled cios usb2 as well.

joda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mb01 said:
Cant get these dols running from HBC either. Its always just looking for a disc then errors out with 'returned 3'. Have reinstalled cios usb2 as well.
Have you made sure you've got a game with the same id installed on hdd as the one you're trying to run?

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, ive tried pretty much everything now. Ive made HBC dols for every game installed on my hard drive. None of them work. Its pointing to the game with the correct ID but it is just spinning the drive and looking for it there instead of on the HD.

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I try this thing whole day.I can confirm these things:

A forwarding channel to hbc in order to load the yal without hardcoded titleID at boot.dol BUT forwarded at specific IDfoler made by wbfs tool --> Doesnt work!
A forwarding channel to hbc in order to load the yal with hardcoded titleID at boot.dol AND forwarded at specific IDfoler made by wbfs tool --> Doesnt work!
A forwarding channel to hbc in order to load the yal with hardcoded titleID at boot.dol forwarded at random folder --> Doesnt work!
A channel with injected the titleID into yals' code --> Doesnt work!
A channel without injected the titleID into yals' code -->Doesnt work!
A forwarder in dol format,inside hbc,forwarded to a folder with the boot.dol,again inside hbc,with yals' code injected with the titleID of the specific game -->Doesnt work!
A forwarder in dol format,inside hbc,forwarded to a folder with the boot.dol,again inside hbc,without yals' code injected with the titleID of the specific game BUT using the IDfolder of the specific game --> Doesnt work!

Every time a get a code dump and the wii freezes.

The only thing that is achieved so far by injecting the titelID of a specific game into yals' code is loading it anywhere we want into apps folder through hbc without the need of the titleID folder.
When we try something outside the hbc channel yal loader refuses to start!!

I wish i had the devkitpro to try some things but the damn updater doesnt work and i cant download it.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having trouble make sure you have the right cios...... you need kwiiks, NOT wanikoko's and you also need the "dip" version (has dip in the filename)

Red_Squirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem with me: it loads always the DVD in my Wii and when I insert no DVD in it, program returned -3
unsure.gif

I have Firmware 4.0E with cIOS USB2 beta3 installed, but NO IOS222... is that the problem? Where can I get the IOS222?

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
HowardC said:
Screemer said:
i would prefer a wii application that extracts banner/sound on the wii and displays them in a nice looking menu. this app could be stored ass a channel on the wii. ss like that:

doesn't have to be that fancy.

Well it couldn't be that fancy because nobody has a 360-degree "box rip" available for games to use a a texture over the 3d model of a dvd case.
wink.gif

As far as a menu with png image support that should be fairly simple..... the wbfs boot.dol (yal) is doing all of the work.... a homebrew channel-like app would just have to be developed that supports pngs of that dimension and loads dols. Find one that is open sourced and change the dimensions.... it's as simple as that. If somebody writes the wii app I'll be happy to write some sort of pc-end app that finds the appropriate boxart and sets up the boot.dol for each game.
an channel with a hbc like structure would be great. even better would it be if no windows tools were needed. the loader/launcher app on wii could extract banner and sound of each game installed on the wbfs partition and create channel like icons on a dashboard similar to system menu. that's what i am hoping the launcher develops to.

That simply isn't possible right now. Banners aren't just a single image or a series of images.... they have scripting files telling how to display the images ect....
There's no single image to extract and extracting one at random mgiht leave with with, for example, the tpl used to make the "grain" on hotdok's icon. There are people looking into the pasring and rendering of icons and banners, but they aren't far enough along yet. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want a pc-end app though as ripping via the usbloader is twice as long as ripping on the pc plus your tv is tied up so you are going to probably end up ripping a bunch of your games on the pc end anyway.

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I want to know this too.
Also where do I get kwiiks Cios from?
I can't seem to find it anywhere
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not