Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Xtrick 1.5 Modified
DS Port of Rick Dangerous
[2484]xrickds.png
A new update of alekmaul's DS port of Rick Dangerous, Xtrick. This new version includes an ability to save your game, and change different color palettes.
See the Developer's Notes below for more information.

QUOTE(Developer's Note) said:
Here is the surprise for those which took the trouble to read this article, I deliver MY customized version to you, with a menu, a pallet closer to the original, a save state and high scores save abilty (saves to the root of the linker). Complete with the source code of course. For information, the graphics of the interface are from Zeblackos
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Is this like Montezuma's Revenge? That's kinda what it looks like.

It's more lik the orignal Duke Nukem. It's a run and jump/shoot em up platformer if I remember right from the Amiga.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Rayder said:
Is this like Montezuma's Revenge? That's kinda what it looks like.

It's more lik the orignal Duke Nukem. It's a run and jump/shoot em up platformer if I remember right from the Amiga.
It's neither of them.

The concept rips off Indiana Jones, I love this game but a lot of todays gamers will fail with the trial & error gameplay. You really have to take care in what you do, looking at the platforms and such to see what is booby trapped and what isn't.

I hope the second game (same sort of thing but ripping off Dan Dare) gets ported.

I'd like more Amiga, Atari ST, C64, Amstrad, Spectrum, DOS games appear as I feel some have been forgotten when they shouldn't have.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Rick Dangerous was awesome! very hard game though, more learn how the level works as there are booby traps everywhere. you can play a flash version and thankfully have infinite lives =) still the first level took me ages to do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
It's neither of them.

The concept rips off Indiana Jones, I love this game but a lot of todays gamers will fail with the trial & error gameplay. You really have to take care in what you do, looking at the platforms and such to see what is booby trapped and what isn't.

I hope the second game (same sort of thing but ripping off Dan Dare) gets ported.

I'd like more Amiga, Atari ST, C64, Amstrad, Spectrum, DOS games appear as I feel some have been forgotten when they shouldn't have.

Then I totally don't remember it at all, I'm gonna have to grab it and give it a try. I wouldn't mind seeing alot more of the old games appearing either. I was really hoping Styx would be kept up at as it had a great start, it was reasonably fast and had good compatibility. It even handled some of Was Not Was/Automations more freaky menus and unpacking methods.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pduin said:
nice! but enjoy while you can gentlemen...
there was an unofficial port to be realeased for the GBA, but unfortunately it got cancelled due to copyright issues
frown.gif

link: http://spoutnick.free.fr/ST/viewgames.php3?id=1
There was gonna be an official GBA version which is why that was stopped.

Of course the official one was cancelled too.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pilotwangs said:
It wont work on my R4?
Is that a question?

Anyway, I'd never heard of Rick Dangerous until xRick got ported to the Dreamcast a few years ago. It's a pretty great game. I really wish jump could be mapped to a button instead of the dpad, though. i know that wouldn't be as authentic, but come on...it's the 21st century now.

...word is bondage...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.....
unsure.gif
.....I was just a little way into the first level a few times (game = difficult), but it is playing fine for me every time I boot it. I'm using firmware 1.18.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
pilotwangs said:
It wont work on my R4?
Is that a question?

I really wish jump could be mapped to a button instead of the dpad, though. i know that wouldn't be as authentic, but come on...it's the 21st century now.
Doesn't quite work as well with a D-pad does it? Joystick or analogue than yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1