Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
pilotwangs said:
It wont work on my R4?
Is that a question?

I really wish jump could be mapped to a button instead of the dpad, though. i know that wouldn't be as authentic, but come on...it's the 21st century now.
Doesn't quite work as well with a D-pad does it? Joystick or analogue than yes.

I recently ported xRick to GP2X, and had the same problem - so I set Jump to the Y button on the 2x. Assuming that this still uses SDL, it should be the work of a moment to copy my code over and do the same on the DS.

Anyone interested?

D.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunny said:
Hadrian said:
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
pilotwangs said:
It wont work on my R4?
Is that a question?

I really wish jump could be mapped to a button instead of the dpad, though. i know that wouldn't be as authentic, but come on...it's the 21st century now.
Doesn't quite work as well with a D-pad does it? Joystick or analogue than yes.

I recently ported xRick to GP2X, and had the same problem - so I set Jump to the Y button on the 2x. Assuming that this still uses SDL, it should be the work of a moment to copy my code over and do the same on the DS.

Anyone interested?

D.
Yeah, when I downloaded it, I saw that Alekmaul had included his source, so I was thinking about making another release. However, I don't want to make a release that just remaps jump from the dpad to a button. When updating an open-source project, I think the goal should be to improve it such that everyone can enjoy the new version, not just to change it so that some people will use the new one and some will still use the old one. I think I'll work on making a "Settings" menu where you'll be able to select between two different control schemes and also put the palette selection in there. I was trying to think of another setting that it might be worth allowing the player to adjust just to fill out the setting menu, but I can't think of anything.

The collision detection seems really bad. Was Rick Dangerous always that way or is this just a problem in xRick or even specific to the DS port? Like when you're trying to jump over a bad guy, you can die even when you're really nowhere very near him and your trajectory clearly would have taken you even more clear.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER