• Start date
  • Views 2,499
  • Replies 13

iOS or Android

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
I recently purchased an Xperia Play, what do you think of that phone? I though since it is related to gaming , why not ask for opinions here? What phone should I actually get? General opinions welcome. Anyone who has an Xperia Play or Android phone please give me app recommendations ... I need opinions for good apps for android

P.S. How do I select the topic

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't place it here!(I mean this topic) Search on the index next time.

What's the question for this topic? What the play needs to run? I say iOS, but that's only for Apple...

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok Thanks for your advice! =3 And thanks to whoever good samaritan who helped me change the topic to mobile phone categpry thanks a lotm

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems/feels the Xperia is already dead and done with. I can't recall it making any splash since before the time it actually released.

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having doubts whether to get this phone since it only has 400mb (approx 260mb is usable) and im actually glad that I got it. Everything is above standard on this phone. It does rltake some time to get used to the sensitive touchpad but you'll eventually get used to it.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually a sucker for mobile devices that has a tactile gaming buttons built in, (I have an N-gage QD and no not the TACO shit one) I bought my Xplay as an early Christmas gift for myself, and loving every inch of it.

I doesn't replace the dedicated gaming handhelds I have but it's an added entertainment for me, especially the PSone emulator plus the built in controls hits the sweet spot. I love playing Dungeon Defenders and GTA III on my phone.

plus the best thing about the Xplay is that they're upgradable to the latest Android FW (4.0) Ice Cream sandwich.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually a sucker for mobile devices that has a tactile gaming buttons built in, (I have an N-gage QD and no not the TACO shit one) I bought my Xplay as an early Christmas gift for myself, and loving every inch of it.

I doesn't replace the dedicated gaming handhelds I have but it's an added entertainment for me, especially the PSone emulator plus the built in controls hits the sweet spot. I love playing Dungeon Defenders and GTA III on my phone.

plus the best thing about the Xplay is that they're upgradable to the latest Android FW (4.0) Ice Cream sandwich.

When? I thought we werent getting that update till febuary or something.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
When? I thought we werent getting that update till febuary or something.

afaik Sony Mobile (Sony Erricson) is rolling ICS on March, April then May.

sauce: engaget
For starters, the first devices to receive the upgrade will be the Arc S, Neo V and Ray, each of which are on-track for a late March / early April rollout. Then, beginning in late April / early May, Sony intends to deliver Ice Cream Sandwich to the Active, Arc, Mini, Mini Pro, Neo, Play and Xperia Pro handsets.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the Xperia Play, and compared to other Android phones it's very meh...

I've had it for around 9 months now, and in the beginning it was good, then it started running soooo slow. I now have to clear all my texts, and make close everything that is running in the back ground and it's fine. Just when I use any other Droid it's sooo much faster. I think maybe mine is just messed up. Not sure.

As for the gamepad, I've never even really used it. I have tons of Roms and emulators but don't use them.

I still prefer it over the iPhone (Can't stand Apple's restrictions), but I wouldn't recommend it really. I wish I got an Incredible or Droid 3 or something.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Despite having problems with my Xperia Play atm (keeps complaining the sim isn't inserted :glare: ) I would still recommend it, i've had mine for over half a year and it still gets used daily as a gaming device and internet medium - it even occasionally gets used as a phone, who'd have thought it :P

I've never had any problems with it crashing or even running slow, infact other than this damn sim card issue that recently popped up it's been my most reliable phone since my Nokia 3310 many, many ,years ago :wtf:

Only downsides i've found with this phone are the internal memory (even with a sd card i've run into problems of filling the internal memory - mainly with damn gameloft games >.< ), and the recent aforementioned issue regarding the sim card detection (still unsure if it's phone hardware/software, carrier or sim related though, only started happening a couple of days ago)

As for app/game recommendations, i'm a fan of gameloft games, they tend to provide good support for the xperia play in my experience, i've enjoyed other games, such as age of zombies and reckless getaway, Dead Space is an absolute must imo (i got it for free, might still be free, definitely worth the download), i also have swiftkey X installed and "Camera Mod" (which is basically the standard camera app but allows you to use the L/R buttons to take the picture)

Although I have an unlocked phone (and unlocked bootloader) i have not yet messed around with other roms such as cyanogen mod, but i have heard good things regarding them working on the play.

How people make do with touch screen controls is beyond me, I have an ipod touch (and an ipad, though not as relevant) and can rarely see any benefit to playing games on that over my xperia play - i cannot think of how i'd cope with an iphone as my main device :(

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on my second Xperia Play (I only have myself to blame for the first one breaking, I was kinda reckless with it), and I'm having slowdown issues...when I close an app it usually takes like 15 seconds for the home screen to load. I've had slowdown issues I've had since even before I rooted my first one. How can I solve it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-