Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! :D I was just listening to some music and browsing FaceBook when my Xperia PLAY phone suddenly shut off last night :( I tried everything to make it start again, but nothing happends! :O I tried simply booting it up, removing the battery, tried Sony PC Companion and I even tried to flash it with FlashTool, but not even that would recognice it :( When I connect it to my PC while holding the BACK button, the phone actually shows up on my PC, but I still can't get it to work :( Help? :S

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I don't mean to bumb this up so quickly, but I'm going on a 5 hours bus trip tomorrow so having my phone then would be very nice ;)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this:
  1. Turn the power off. If your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Just keep in mind that would be a Factory/Master Reset, so you will lose anything not stored on the SD card.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Try this:
  1. Turn the power off. If your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Just keep in mind that would be a Factory/Master Reset, so you will lose anything not stored on the SD card.

Tried that, but nothing happens... :(

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not looking good. Is your phone less than a year old? Might want to contact your carrier or Sony directly if it's still under warranty. Best of luck, mate.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When something similar happened to me I used FlashTool and flashed the Android 2.3.3 stock .tft file to basically flash my phone back to stock. You need to have the correct drivers installed (should be with the FlashTool download) and hold the back button while plugging in the device to get the Xperia Play into flash mode, then run FlashTool.

Edit: I got it from here.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
When something similar happened to me I used FlashTool and flashed the Android 2.3.3 stock .tft file to basically flash my phone back to stock. You need to have the correct drivers installed (should be with the FlashTool download) and hold the back button while plugging in the device to get the Xperia Play into flash mode, then run FlashTool.

Edit: I got it from here.

Ok, I'll try this when I get home :) I think I'm going to have some trouble finding the correct drivers, but I'll look again ;)

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I tried installing the drivers that came with FlashTool, but it only manages to install a few of the things. I choose to install the Xperia PLAY, fastboot and flashmode drivers, but after I while I get a screen saying it was only able to install Sony Ericsson (WinUSB) "some random numbers" and Sony Ericsson Mobile Communication, while there is seven other things it failed to install
frown.gif
Also on alot of sites it says that the LED should be green on the Xperia PLAY when I hold BACK while plugging in the USB, but the only thing that happens is that the Xperia PLAY shows up on the computer and nothing more
frown.gif
FlashTool still wont seem to make any contact with the phone either
frown.gif
Help? :/

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I tried installing the drivers that came with FlashTool, but it only manages to install a few of the things. I choose to install the Xperia PLAY, fastboot and flashmode drivers, but after I while I get a screen saying it was only able to install Sony Ericsson (WinUSB) "some random numbers" and Sony Ericsson Mobile Communication, while there is seven other things it failed to install
frown.gif
Also on alot of sites it says that the LED should be green on the Xperia PLAY when I hold BACK while plugging in the USB, but the only thing that happens is that the Xperia PLAY shows up on the computer and nothing more
frown.gif
frown.gif

? :)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
You need to have the USB cord plugged into your computer and your phone off, then hold the back button and plug the USB cord into your phone. You need that light to be lit (indicating flashmode), otherwise it won't flash.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not looking good. Is your phone less than a year old? Might want to contact your carrier or Sony directly if it's still under warranty. Best of luck, mate.

I thought smartphones carried a 2 yr warranty?

Depends on your country. Here in the US, the one year is standard. For some of the EU, it's a 2 yr standard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end