Android Xperia Play & ClockWordMod Recovery

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Attempting to install CyanogenMod 7.1 but according to the guides I need CWM recovery installed, yet my device isn't on the list when attempting to flash. Can anyone point me in the right direction? All I can find is "ClockWorkMod recovery is required to install CyanogenMod", no details on exactly how

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just got that this morn. The guide I had was asking for Market installed CWM flashing which isn't possible (yet?). Gonna give that a rasp when I get home. Thanks for the reply dude

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got that this morn. The guide I had was asking for Market installed CWM flashing which isn't possible (yet?). Gonna give that a rasp when I get home. Thanks for the reply dude
AFAIK, the kernel in the default ROM does not allow custom recovery to be flashed. In other words, it may never be possible to install a custom recovery without also installing a custom kernel/ROM (I believe once CyanogenMod is installed, CWM Recovery is also installed permenantly). This is why you must boot the CWM Recovery image via fastboot instead of installing it first.

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
A bit new to this and the tut I originally had demanded market install. Upon further reading of a more reliable tut it does in fact install CWM with flashing of the boot.img. CM doesn't work for me anyways, it locks me out of my SIM after running the necessaries using CWM recovery.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running CM7.1 on my Incredible. Can't go without it these days.

Definitely check it out if you can, you won't regret it.

Lookin forward to CM9!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1