(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I was recently updating my 3DS theme tutorial, and every time I edited the thread's OP, I would gain XP for an entirely different thread... In the EoF... With no likes.
upload_2018-5-22_22-27-33.png

Is this some sort of bug or what? Was that thread really such an amazing contribution?
(Also worth noting, I've asked multiple times for that thread to be moved to General Off-Topic Chat due to an influx of shitposters. Please do so, o great mods/admins of GBAtemp.)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
What message does that even result from? It's not one I've seen, I don't think? Thread promotions, view counts, and any others I've seen don't have the "thanks for your contribution" message. You broke it ;A; guess that's one way to power level.
Yeah, while that is nice and all, CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE THE DAMN THREAD TO GENERAL OFF-TOPIC CHAT? I've been waiting for a week now.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
as it is...as it is, it's uh...very EOF-y.
Do you mean the OP or the replies?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh goodie, now it's happening for this thread. Just edited the OP of my tutorial, then this pops up.
upload_2018-5-22_23-2-34.png

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the OP or the replies?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh goodie, now it's happening for this thread. Just edited the OP of my tutorial, then this pops up.
View attachment 124501
Try creating a test thread in the EoF and see if it adds it to that thread

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
interesting... so the bug only concerns alerts, but not actual XP...

I have to look that up in the code. Did anyone else notice such an issue?
I tried to replicate it but I couldn't, however I think it has something to do with it being a tutorial posted in one of the tutorial forums, is it okay if I create a test thread to see if I can replicate it that way?

D

Deleted-442439

Hi!

I am not sure what is causing this, but I have been able to replicate it on my account several times:

If I make any edit to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/ and save the edit, I get a notification telling me I have recived 10xp for a second thread I have created. This seems to happen every time I do it.

The xp is however not added to my account, only the notification is shown.

In this example and made 5 minor edits in succession and received the XP notification every time.

upload_2018-6-27_21-36-34.png

Hopefully this can be fixed :)

Reactions: zillld

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I am not sure what is causing this, but I have been able to replicate it on my account several times:

If I make any edit to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/ and save the edit, I get a notification telling me I have recived 10xp for a second thread I have created. This seems to happen every time I do it.

The xp is however not added to my account, only the notification is shown.

In this example and made 5 minor edits in succession and received the XP notification every time.

View attachment 133555

Hopefully this can be fixed :)
Sounds like this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xp-bug.505008/

Reactions: Deleted-442439

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F