Hacking Xenoblade menu translation

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got some reponses....it seems everyone is busy with other projects though (the coders/hackers)....thanks to the guys who replied to me though...some advice sky pointed out

"That thing you mention is not a compression, but an encoding (it´s japanese plain text), Im not saying that there could be compressed data in the pkb, but txt´s are not compressed, in fact, if you extract them and change the character set to "shift-jis", you can actually read it"

so at least im getting replies...ill keep messaging till we get someone willing to work with us....

doombringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this game will come in USA this year because nintendo have it in the release list TBA and the game isnt cancelled. Also all we know, the game have a huge script and a lot of cut-scene to be dubbed.
Anyway are passed only 8 month from the japan release and at the E3 (june) we will find the truth if this game will come or not... However i think the release will be like baten kaitos origins, near the end of the Wii life.

because of this i think that no coder/hacker want translate this, we have to wait what destiny have this games.

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
iamatmylimit said:
i got some reponses....it seems everyone is busy with other projects though (the coders/hackers)....thanks to the guys who replied to me though...some advice sky pointed out

"That thing you mention is not a compression, but an encoding (it´s japanese plain text), Im not saying that there could be compressed data in the pkb, but txt´s are not compressed, in fact, if you extract them and change the character set to "shift-jis", you can actually read it"

so at least im getting replies...ill keep messaging till we get someone willing to work with us....

You know... Those pkb files should cpme with a smaller table index, indicated the way files are packaged, cos I dont really think the wii parses each PCK in order to extract it.

Anyway, the PBK you posted over at xentax, had txt and SB files. TXT`s use shift-jis encoding, while SB are some kind of "subpackages", having a set of 13 pointers in the header, that define each chunk of the SB (I bet the text must be there, but since i cant really read japanese..
tongue.gif
)

Anyway tell me if you have the LBA and i´ll see want can I do (let´s see if I have time, i cant promise anything....)
Regards

Sky

Sephy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ardw.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
doombringer said:
I think this game will come in USA this year because nintendo have it in the release list TBA and the game isnt cancelled. Also all we know, the game have a huge script and a lot of cut-scene to be dubbed.
Yeah, that's true, and I hope you're right.
smile.gif

What bothers me, though, with this list is that the game is still (at least last time I checked) listed under its original title "Monado" even though it has been renamed to Xenoblade quite a long time ago and has been sold as Xenoblade in Japan. It's just a hypothetical thought and I do hope I'm not right with this but the fact that it's still listed as "Monado" could also mean that the list just hasn't been updated for ages...
unsure.gif
Then again, I can't imagine a big company as Nintendo to be as sloppy as that. Maybe they just haven't decided yet how to call it outside Japan and thus kept the original title in that list. Who knows... We'll just have to wait.

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
lol wait a sec.. i just answered you onver at xentax and.. well i hadnt actually located the text but since i cant read japanese, obvioulsy i missed it.

Using those pointers, an SB can be extracted, now, about the pkb, i would need it´s LBA, could you upload a complete list of the files existing in the ISO?¿

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iamatmylimit said:
@SkyBladeCloud - those 13 pointers could could be pointing to 13 text/xls files.....i saw the japanese text you were speaking of that i couldnt see before...

here is a picture...we dont speak japanese but sephy and HisshouBuraiKen could tell us what this text here says or if its dialogue....

picture
script.jpg

ill get back to you on the LBA.....
Those characters don't make any sense. It's gibberish.

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Among those files iamatmylimit sent me, there are 2 of them that are interesting:

the arc is a packages (with some others arc packaged inside), with a tree LBA, after studying it a little, i came up with this txt here (i suppose you guys already have it?):

Code:

lines without extension are folders.... i´ll keep searcjing around a little....

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
@SkyBladeCloud
The first one is apparently the hbm/homeBtn.arc file - a file most likely from Nintendo's SDK, it is included in most, if not all Wii games. It contains layout and image data for the "HOME Button menu". Does not need to be translated - it already contains all Wii-supported languages (JA/EN/DE/FR/ES/IT/NL/CN?/KO)

fst.bin is simply the filesystem table, a file present in every GameCube/Wii disc! Please remove the code from your previous post, it is is far too long and irrelevant to translation. All files listed in fst.bin are present in a full dump of the game anyway.

doombringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all people here says: the text script is inside script.pkb..
so why search in arc ?
also the first code you posted is in every wii games, i think is the home button message (hbm)
and always have tpl image of the wiimote button or something like that

anyway this game will come in Usa but we have to wait june for the real answer
moogle.gif

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont think SkyBladeCloud is searching inside arc files for text.i sent him some files in hopes of finding the LBA table that he was asking for and askled him to see whats inside that and post his findings.thanks for helping sky.

Last edited by iamatmylimit,

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to be honest when i first looked through main.dol i thought thats where it was because i saw a lot of suspicious titles like

subtit01 = maybe subtitle?

pcTalk = conversations?

txt_scene

txt_commu = text communication?

mesSubPT = message subtitle?

setLastTalkNpc

talk_id.exc_talk1 = talk_character goes here.execute_talk1?

and i cant find these anywhere in any other file...this is main.dol but i heard mian.dol only points to other files to operate/start so its just linking.this could be wrong though

Prototype

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello
smile.gif
( First, excuse my english ^^' i'm french )​

So, i just register to this site to thank you, because now i can play Xenoblade better than before
nayps3.gif

And i want to translate it in french/english to help you if you want
smile.gif
but i got a little problem : i can't extract what i want, so i just can work in the .xls already exctracted. I'm already translating ( is that a good word ?
ohmy.gif
) your .xls in French, then i'm gonna try it at home, then upload it. But it's my first contribution at something like that .. In know many things about Wii, .iso and all, but to translate, the first time
biggrin.gif
so you've to help me just for the start
smile.gif

So, if you want me to help you, i'm right here
biggrin.gif
If you don't, it doesn't matter
smile.gif

Prototype.

EDIT : I start with a question ^^' In the .xls, we got ( for example ) one column 'name' , and another 'name translated'. 'floor' and 'floor translated' etc... Is the 'floor translated' going to appear on the game ? Or have i to edit the 'floor' with the translated word ? =°

Prototype

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok. So i'm going to translate all i can
biggrin.gif

EDIT : I just extract the static.arc with u8tool, but i have .pkh files. Is that normal ? If yes, how can i open them ?

EDIT² : Ok, it's normal. But i can't extract static.arc with the Forte's method .. So, i can't compile it too :/ And i can't try if what i just did work, or no .. /!\ Help /!\ Is anyone have another method to compile the static.arc with the .xls inside ? >

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica