4. WII SPORTS RESORT WII
5. JUST DANCE 2: EXTRA SONGS
6. JUST DANCE 2 WII
7. MARIO KART WII WII
8. BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 XB360
9. CARS 2 DS
10. DIRT 3 PS3

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p...p&ct=110032

Very impressive for a Wii JRPG to do this well over here and Xenoblade was only released on the 19th. Its not often you see an all new single format IP make the top 10. Would be very interesting to see actual sales figures but it goes to show that NoA must release this over in North America, it may not do millions but its worth at least banging the game on some discs...there's hardly any work required!

Also seems like some gamers are getting ready for Battlefield 3 seeing BC2 has started doing really well again (currently the PC version is the top selling version), currently #12 on the all formats charts.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Cars 2? What the fuck o.o
Well that's kids and their parents for you! Its not actually a bad game...the Wii one is really good though the DS one is meh incarnated. Unfortunately that is the worst version and is the best selling of the lot but then more kids own a DS, I mean even one family can own a few DS variations.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:
Nintendo is retarded for not releasing this (and other titles) in the US. They could have made so much money.

agreed, simply retarted. this game is awesome, not selling it in america is a flippin atrocity.

xenogears did well here.
Xenogears (and Xenosaga) have nothing to do with Xenoblade.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice! I'm glad it's doing so well, because I like this game. I'm just dumping my mini review here:

Xenoblade has lots of cool stuff going for it.
  • Amazing landscapes, one of the best looking/art directed game on the Wii?
  • Huge variety of monsters (and huge ass monsters too.)
  • Minimal loading times: Roaming these vast beautiful lands and into towns without waiting for it to load is just great.
  • Loads of items and this crystal forging system.
  • Epic cut scenes
  • Innovative battle system - real time but mixed with features from turn based systems.
The last point is also a bit of a negative point:
Battle sometimes gets chaotic for me. But I haven't lost a fight because of it, so this point is minor.

The only other negative thing for me is one that I have with almost every JRPG (and Anime): The look/clothing of the characters.
tongue.gif
It's really just a matter of taste and I can look over it because I have beautiful virtual nature and awesome monsters to look at.

I'm happy for the devs that all this effort is paying off.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:
Nintendo is retarded for not releasing this (and other titles) in the US. They could have made so much money.

agreed, simply retarted. this game is awesome, not selling it in america is a flippin atrocity.

xenogears did well here.

And they said Xenosaga and Xenogears had nothing to do with each other. In xenosaga's first 20 minutes, there was a connection to xenogears. (or was it the other way around? I forgot)

In xenoblade, in the monado stand room, look at the 5 containers around the stand and the stand itself. Remind you of anything? I forgot which xeno game it was, but there was a room with a VERY similar design. And the control panel-like-things look like the crosses (With the same exact design) and instead of the gear in the center, it is the monado.
Huh-.jpg

Look carefully at those golden control panel thingies on the containers.

Thats the only thing close to linking xenoblade to another xeno game that I've found so far, but I'm only like 10 hours into the game. (Playing through with a friend, going for 100% completion, but finishing all the quests is really time consuming)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.

And they said Xenosaga and Xenogears had nothing to do with each other. In xenosaga's first 20 minutes, there was a connection to xenogears. (or was it the other way around? I forgot)

In xenoblade, in the monado stand room, look at the 5 containers around the stand and the stand itself. Remind you of anything? I forgot which xeno game it was, but there was a room with a VERY similar design. And the control panel-like-things look like the crosses (With the same exact design) and instead of the gear in the center, it is the monado.
That's likely a cameo appearance as the makers of Xenosaga made this. Devs do it all the time.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.

That's likely a cameo appearance as the makers of Xenosaga made this. Devs do it all the time.

That they do, but there must be a reason for that small detail to be it. I mean, if it was an enemy or character as a cameo, I would understand it not being related in any way, but a simple prop? There must be a reason. (The friend I'm playing this with had a theory that the symbols appearing in the monado would be the ones on the crosses in that above mentioned xeno game in my last post. I don't remember them so I have no way to confirm this.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.

That they do, but there must be a reason for that small detail to be it. I mean, if it was an enemy or character as a cameo, I would understand it not being related in any way, but a simple prop? There must be a reason.
Well Xenoblade was previously called "Monado: The Beginning of the World", it makes sense that they'd put something like that in there as a cameo. It's likely referring to Genesis of the Bible.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.

That they do, but there must be a reason for that small detail to be it. I mean, if it was an enemy or character as a cameo, I would understand it not being related in any way, but a simple prop? There must be a reason.
Well Xenoblade was previously called "Monado: The Beginning of the World", it makes sense that they'd put something like that in there as a cameo. It's likely referring to Genesis of the Bible.

Nah, it was called Xenoblade for the Jp release, announced out of japan as Monado: TBotW, and then released in Eu as Xenoblade Chronicles. At least, thats how I remember it. I could be wrong.
I THINK the game was created BEFORE being given a localized name though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
someonewhodied said:
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.

Nah, it was called Xenoblade for the Jp release, announced out of japan as Monado: TBotW, and then released in Eu as Xenoblade Chronicles. At least, thats how I remember it. I could be wrong.
I THINK the game was created BEFORE being given a localized name though.
Outside of Japan it is called Xenoblade Chronicles. It was renamed in January of last year and was released for the first time on June 10th.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, my mistake then.
But I still would like to know why exactly that those containers would be the cameo. There HAS to be a reason for it to be a simple prop instead of something more...noticable.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someonewhodied said:
Ah, my mistake then.
But I still would like to know why exactly that those containers would be the cameo. There HAS to be a reason for it to be a simple prop instead of something more...noticable.
Actually wouldn't you think that something that were to hold slight significance would be a relevant cameo? Very rarely are props anything more than cameos. In fact, in most cases they hold as forms of fanservice.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
machomuu said:
terminal_illness said:
JoostinOnline said:

xenogears did well here.
As previously pointed out, yes they are connected in some way or another.
But because Xenogears did well (Xenosaga on the other hand is debatable (it did terrible in the UK that's why they only released II not I or III but is still loved by many RPG fans)) means Monolith Soft already have an advantage because they make awesome games, wouldn't you agree?

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...Xenoblade isn't part of the Xeno series, it just have the "Xeno" prefix as a way to honor the creator of the game, Tetsuya Takahashi, also the creator of the Xeno series and Monolith Soft. Even with the easter eggs that may be in the game, the game itself isn't part of the series, this is old news already...o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out