Hacking Xenoblade Laggy Input

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
katzinator said:
I'm currently running Xenoblade Chronicles on CFG Loader v70 and the input becomes extremely laggy at points (it always seems to occur right after I die in a battle). The character movement is significantly delayed and operating the menus becomes quite difficult (not all button presses are registered or there are "ghost" presses).

I've tried both cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6 cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6 both with the same results. Has anyone seen similar behavior with this game or others? Is there anything else I should try?
I've never seen anything like this on my console in xenoblade or any other games.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Is'nt it just the Wii's cpu reaching it's cap?
Can anybody confirm this for the original disc?
Lol, overclock that SOB!
laugh.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
katzinator said:
Out of curiosity, would modifying any additional cIOSs have any effect? I'd really like to isolate and resolve this issue if possible.

I really think it's because of the Wii limitations.
I don't think you can do anything about this.

Btw i'm using d2x v 6 and it does'nt hinder me at all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
katzinator said:
Out of curiosity, would modifying any additional cIOSs have any effect? I'd really like to isolate and resolve this issue if possible.
It won't change anything.
USBLoaders (and everything run on the Wii) use only 1 IOS at a time and doesn't care what the other IOS are, or if they are even present or not.
modifying additional cIOS won't fix your problem and is not the cause either.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
i am playing this game with uneek+di r 168 and it works flawlessly.

i have a 4.2u orig nand dump for emu nand

started it from the uneek menu(built in)

i really wish dave and the others would consider trying to emulate the di calls from s/uneek into a new cios.
it would call the usb for the disc info. May they could use 58 as a base ios and replace the di module with the new di commands like s/uneek has.

i have suggested it many times but no one really took me serious i guess. If i was better at coding i would attempt it but i dont know enough yet about how to write di commands and memory.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
katzinator said:
FYI - I'm using a fairly new Iomega 320GB HDD that is only about half full. I've only used Wii Backup Manager, so I'm fairly certain that I can rule out disk fragmentation/speed being a problem.
That has nothing to do with the speed limitations of the drive itself.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
katzinator said:
Thank you for the clarification, Cyan.

FYI - I'm using a fairly new Iomega 320GB HDD that is only about half full. I've only used Wii Backup Manager, so I'm fairly certain that I can rule out disk fragmentation/speed being a problem. The console itself is a 4.3U.

Thank you for the insight, Scooby. Sorry for my ignorance on the topic, but would installing SNEEK or UNEEK affect speed/performance for something like this? Would it be worthwhile for me to try?

well s/uneek is nand emualtion of the wii on the wii

look here ::http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

Modmii has a nand builder and will give you all the files you need to set it up

you need a sd and usb for the best results

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
katzinator said:
Thank you for the clarification, Cyan.

FYI - I'm using a fairly new Iomega 320GB HDD that is only about half full. I've only used Wii Backup Manager, so I'm fairly certain that I can rule out disk fragmentation/speed being a problem. The console itself is a 4.3U.

Thank you for the insight, Scooby. Sorry for my ignorance on the topic, but would installing SNEEK or UNEEK affect speed/performance for something like this? Would it be worthwhile for me to try?

Iomega is made by Samsung.
Samsung is known for giving problems on Wii.

Not saying it is THE problem but , my WD 1TB HDD does'nt have any issues running this game.
So it IS probably your HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: if only it had as much capability/power as i do omw to your mom's place