Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am at the point where you have to
defeat the telethias at the waterfall in Manka Forest and Alvis shows you how to use a new ability on the monado
But, every time I sit and wait for it to unlock, nothing happens. I haven't been able to use the monado's power a single time during the game (I think, I haven't noticed ever using them, just the default arts you learn).

How the hell do you activate the damn thing? Its bloody frustrating not being able to get it to work so I can get past this part.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Um... Autoattacks fills your talent gauge, which is the middle icon. When its full, activate it like any other skill.
As Shulk, the talent gauge is for the monado. Activating it opens up a submenu where you can chose what monado power you want to use.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, except it doesn't do that.

Regardless of how long I sit and auto-attack, the monado NEVER fills up. It always has the red X over it. I understand how it is supposed to work now (did some more reading and searched for a copy of the manual online), but again, I have NEVER seen any of those "Monado arts".

robbywu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GH0 said:

Regardless of how long I sit and auto-attack, the monado NEVER fills up. It always has the red X over it. I understand how it is supposed to work now (did some more reading and searched for a copy of the manual online), but again, I have NEVER seen any of those "Monado arts".

Shulk can activate the Monado's Arts by selecting the large Icon in the center of the screen. Then he has access to the various Arts the Monado can perform. Each Art is unlocked at various points in the game, with Buster and Enchant being available initially.

Buster (powerful attack whit a larger blade effective against Mechon foes)
Enchant (strengthens the weapons of the party allowing them to pierce a Mechon's armor)
Shield (generate a barrier that protect the party from enemy arts)
Speed (gives you and your allies a greater chance to dodge physical attacks)
Purge (allows you to dull an enemy's aura, especially useful against telepathic enemies)
Armor (reduces physical and ether damage taken by 30-75 %, depending on rank)
Cyclone (damages all enemies around the user)
Eater (strips away enemy buffs and causes bleed damage in a frontal arc)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
GH0 said:

Um ok, weird.. Are you sure youre not at a part in the story where the Monado is disabled?

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
Check Category's suggestion.

To add as a tip, do you have any cheats on? I know some cheats can cause issues. I just tested this and found, for me anyway, if you have instant Cool down or w/e it's called cheat, the Monado will not be able to activate.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The monado is equipped to Shulk, cheats are disabled (this is the first thing I tried), the monado shouldn't be de-activated considering this is a part of the story where it is required to pass.

Robbywu, I know what they do, I just haven't been able to use them. The description isn't applicable here.

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I found your problem but don't know the fix.
Did you start a new game with cheats on?
Some cheats seem to bug arts in general when you start a new game, reloading the game with deactivated cheats didn't fix it.
Don't know a fix other than starting a new game with no cheats on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: