Tutorial  Updated

Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub/Uncensor Tutorial for usage with Brazilian Install Method (.app Files)

This Tutorial shows you how to Uncensor and Undub Xenoblade Chronicles X EU/US and repack it back into .app Files so you can install them with the Brazilian Install Method so no Loadiine is needed for this at all.

Requirements :
- Time and Patience
- Downloaded/Ripped Versions of both the JP and the EU/US Version of the Game in (.app Format)
- Java
- Mocha CFW, Haxchi CFW or any kind of Signature Patches on your Wii U
- Ability to read this :P

1. First of all get both GameVersions EU/US and JP as WupInstaller Package with whatever tool you normally use.

2. Download JNUS Tool from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/

3. Open the config file with your desired Editor like NotePad++ and put in the Wii U Common Key which i can't provide here in line 2. (Hint use google or similar)

4. Copy both Game Versions into Folders Names tmp_TITLEIDHERE for example tmp_00050000101C4C00 for Xenoblade Chronicles X EU. Do the same for the JP Version.
(Just put in the Numbers for your US Version instead.)

5. Hold Shift While being in the JNUS Folder and open a Command Line Window by rightclicking into Empty space. Click "Open Command Window here" to open CMD.
Type in the following command :

java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005000012345678 (Insert the Title ID there instead of 12345678)

and press Enter.

6. A Window Should open Showing you the Content of the Game. Mark all 3 Folders with a Tick and Press Download and it's gonna Unpack your Game in Loadiine Format (this takes a while it was arround an Hour for me).

7. Do the Same Process with the 2nd Game Version. (Repeat 4-6 for the other Version)

1.png

8. Get the Undub Patcher from here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/page-20#post-6351997

9. Open the Patcher and set the Source as your JP Version Folder. Important Select the "Content" Folder not the Root. As Destination set the EU/US Version and also set the Content Folder.

10. Select what you want to patch and Click Patch. This is gonna take arround an Hour aswell. When it's done your EU/US Version is already patched and ready to be repacked.

2.png

11. Grab the NUSPacker from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/

12. Hold Shift while being in the NUSPacker Folder and open a Command Line Window like before. In the Command Line Window write this :

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

12.1 Replace "inputdir" with your files location this Time the root folder with "content, "meta" and "code" in it.
12.2 Replace "outputdir" with your desired Folder where it is gonna install your finished Files.
12.3 And replace the Numbers after -encryptKeyWith with the Wii U Common Key again. Again i can't provide that Key here use Google.
12.4 Press Enter

3.png

13. Let the Tool do it's magic (can take arround an Hour aswell) and you should have .app files ready to be installed with WupInstaller.

14. Copy the Files to the SD Card and run SigPatches on your Wii U. Boot up WupInstaller after and Install the Game. Don't forget to delete the Old Game before if it's installed. Install the game and make sure you only run the Game with Mocha or Sigpatches on ! Enjoy your Undubbed/Uncensored Game it also works perfectly fine with Patch 1.01E and 1.02U and Online works aswell.

Finished Files ready to install :
explorer_2016-12-19_23-29-47.png

If you have any suggestions or questions let me know i try my best to answer them :)

Shoutout to @Maschell , @CXu , @timogus for their Tools making this possible. !

EDIT: Some people have reported issues with the US Version with that Method. I don't know where it comes from if either User Error or the actual Version but with Wii U's being Region Free now anyways i might recommend going with the EU Version instead to be sure it works since i can confirm that myself.

EDIT 2: I advertise against using the Font Option in the Patcher i've got reports that the game doesn't start then and just blackscreens.

Last edited by makke007,

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody said that the 10GB DLC re-censors the game, gonna take a look at this and see if it can be fixed.

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody said that the 10GB DLC re-censors the game, gonna take a look at this and see if it can be fixed.

The 10 GB DLC isn't needed for the digital Version anyway it's already included in it. Do either delete the additional DLC or just don't download it at all since it's only the Data Packs :)
And the disk version can't be used with this method anyway so the DLC is useless.

Last edited by makke007,

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can skip the whole repacking process, by simply copying the patched files from SD to USB via wupserver.

People have reported of not having any sound after doing this with Wupserver so i went on the whole process. Also nice to have the Undub Version backed up for future use in my opinion so i prefer that method even if it takes a little bit longer :)

So each time i uninstall the game i can install the Undub right away instead of installing the original Version and then undubbing it every time with Wupserver which takes a few hours.

Last edited by makke007,

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I shouldn't download the DLC if I want to use this? Just the 19.56 gb game and the 110 mb update? Just want to be completely sure. I'm not missing out on the character DLC or anything, right? Or is that included in the base install now?

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I shouldn't download the DLC if I want to use this? Just the 19.56 gb game and the 110 mb update? Just want to be completely sure. I'm not missing out on the character DLC or anything, right? Or is that included in the base install now?

yes exactly no dlc otherwise you censor the game again. The DLC is only for the Disk Version of the Game to load faster. All Japanese DLC is in our Versions already included.

if you followed the tutorial and you installed the undubbed finished Version + Update you are good to go :)

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks a ton! And just to be clear, after all of this is done, install the update ontop of it?

The Update is independent and doesn't use the same Folders or anything internally. You can even leave the update installed and only delete the main game if needed.

So yea just make sure you need both the JP and your US/EU Version for this to work.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an issue on step 12. It says invalid input directory. I have the folder I used with the patcher (Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]) in my NUSPacker folder. It says folder is missing the code content or meta folder. Which it isn't..That's the undubbed folder, correct? It's the one I chose with the patcher.

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in"Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]" -out"XBX" -encryptKeyWith WiiUCommonKey

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an issue on step 12. It says invalid input directory. I have the folder I used with the patcher (Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]) in my NUSPacker folder. It says folder is missing the code content or meta folder. Which it isn't..That's the undubbed folder, correct? It's the one I chose with the patcher.

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in"Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]" -out"XBX" -encryptKeyWith WiiUCommonKey

Hmm the brackets could be an issue i am not sure. Are both the "Xenoblade Chronicles X [AX5E01]" and the "XBX" in the Nuspacker Folder ? Otherwise you have to specify the whole Link to the folder like C:\\WHATEVERHERE the rest of the command looks fine to me no unddeeded spaces.

EDIT: Funny enough this Forums seems to eat my spaces -.-

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

Make sure you have spaces after the "in" and "out" commands then it should work

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, been working all day. I'll try with the spaces when I get home.

The spaces made it run, but it says empty or invalid encryption, will use 1337133713371337 etc instead. I used the proper Wii U common key. Is that normal? It seems to be running fine, but will it install/run properly?

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, been working all day. I'll try with the spaces when I get home.

The spaces made it run, but it says empty or invalid encryption, will use 1337133713371337 etc instead. I used the proper Wii U common key. Is that normal? It seems to be running fine, but will it install/run properly?

Yep the default Encryption Key is perfect :)
The Wii U Common Key is the important one. We can't originally sign the Game anyway so the Default one is fine don't worry.

Just make sure you run your Signature Patches / CFW when starting the game beforehand

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks. I'm pretty sure I boot automatically into Mocha. I followed the install guide on the site for that and Haxchi. So after I finish my install, which should be soon, I can delete it off the SD card and then drop the update in for install? I've always run games off disc or loadiine. This is my first time loading from USB, so sorry for all of the questions. I just want to be sure I'm doing this right haha.

Hmm..guess I messed up somewhere? The game installed fine and I have a channel for it, but once I run it, I just get the loading bar in the bottom right and it flashes on and off, stuck.

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks. I'm pretty sure I boot automatically into Mocha. I followed the install guide on the site for that and Haxchi. So after I finish my install, which should be soon, I can delete it off the SD card and then drop the update in for install? I've always run games off disc or loadiine. This is my first time loading from USB, so sorry for all of the questions. I just want to be sure I'm doing this right haha.

Hmm..guess I messed up somewhere? The game installed fine and I have a channel for it, but once I run it, I just get the loading bar in the bottom right and it flashes on and off, stuck.

Yep drop the update next :) And then you should have a genuine Wii U Game Icon on your Homescreen like a legit digital game. Just make sure Mocha is running before starting the Game or the Wii U will Softlock and you have to restart it.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I ran mocha and then launched the game, but no luck. It gets stuck loading. Not sure what went wrong. I installed two other games to my USB and they launch fine.

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I ran mocha and then launched the game, but no luck. It gets stuck loading. Not sure what went wrong. I installed two other games to my USB and they launch fine.

Hmm that's weired. I followed the exact same steps and my Version runs perfectly fine. Where does it get Stuck ?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sticks as soon as I open it. It's just a black screen with the Xenoblade loading bar in the bottom right corner. It appears and disappears constantly and doesn't actually load. I guess I'll try one more time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended