Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Freezing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by supermayo8a, Apr 15, 2015.

1. supermayo8a
    OP

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    I'm playing Xenoblade on the SKY3DS, and it has frozen on me two times. I could not go to the home screen, all I could go was shut down the 3DS. Has enyone else encountered this problem?

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Freezing and crashes tend to be SD card issues. I know it was for me.

supermayo8a likes this.
  3. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Supposedly this is happening on the retail version of the game, too.

supermayo8a likes this.
  4. supermayo8a
    OP

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    I heard that it freezes on people on cutscenes and they can skip them. But not to me, the game totally crashes

Hammyface likes this.
  5. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Try a different microSD card. I know it sounds crazy but lots of people reported that replacing it (or at the very least, reformatting it) helped a lot. I am talking about the MicroSD card that is inside the new3DS, not the one in your flashcart. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

supermayo8a likes this.
  6. supermayo8a
    OP

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    I will definetly try that!! Thanks! :)

Hammyface likes this.
  7. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    You could have just found a couple of crashes. I found one the other day, put my 3DS to sleep and the bloomin thing wouldn't wake up again lol. With a game this size you're going to find plenty of crashes, I know from experience that games of this size are a nightmare to test.

The worst thing is that I lost around 10 hours worth of gameplay because I'm using a Gateway and hadn't quit the game for a while so the saves didn't get written to the micro-SD card.

supermayo8a likes this.
  8. supermayo8a
    OP

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Woah! That woudl really suck! I always make sure to save the game before an event just in case it crashes, thankfully I havent encountered the problem again! Thanks for oyur response :)

9. sarkwalvein
    This message by sarkwalvein has been removed from public view by Depravo, Apr 19, 2015, Reason: Do try to be relevant.
    Apr 19, 2015
  10. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    If you keep having problems with this (on gateway), you could experiment with changing the game to card2, but this could lead to it's own problems. Card2 games save within the rom file, and the save will save when you save in game, rather than when you exit.

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    The game has been reported to freeze and crash, even retail. Save often, be happy, and die already. BR. Depravo is this relevant enough?
    "A world lacking sense of humor, is a world that doesn't deserve existence." - A grumpy loser being grumpy.

PS: To the OP, don't be offended by the "die already" part, I don't really mean it.
    PS2: To the OP, I had this strange feeling that Mexico was an independent country (and Guadalajara part of Mexico), I suppose given the flag that it was annexed while I was sleeping or something and now it is another Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
    PS3: Well, and with this now officially the most spoken language in the USA turns to be Spanish.

12. supermayo8a
    OP

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    It is an independent country of course, I have no idea why is that flag there hahaa xD I'm new here so maybe I can change it in the profile.

13. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    protip: save early, save often!