Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel a little hesitant to ask given some of the more recent posts in this thread, but is anyone actively working on updating more of the graphical enhancement codes? Specifically, I'm looking for 21:9 Ultrawide, Improved LOD, Improved DOF, and Improved Shadows. Updates for these codes would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, if there are any resources that could help me learn how to create and update codes like this, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thanks.
When they are ready I will post a link to them here.

Reactions: reloxx

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does emu scaler work? Or is it enough to use the included scaler on Yuzu?
The Emu Scaler Enabler code allows the emulator's scaling to work. So you can set x4 resolution in the emulator, and it'll render at 4x native resolution.
---
Personally looking forward to a 'Disable DOF' mod.
...actually... since I upgraded from an Rx 480 to an RTX 3060, I could probably actually use the 'Improved LOD' one without losing FPS.... Hmmm....

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The Emu Scaler Enabler code allows the emulator's scaling to work. So you can set x4 resolution in the emulator, and it'll render at 4x native resolution.
---
Personally looking forward to a 'Disable DOF' mod.
...actually... since I upgraded from an Rx 480 to an RTX 3060, I could probably actually use the 'Improved LOD' one without losing FPS.... Hmmm....
So if I try to use the Yuzu scaler without "Emu Scaler" then it actually doesn't do shit? lol didn't know. Thanks.

gguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I try to use the Yuzu scaler without "Emu Scaler" then it actually doesn't do shit? lol didn't know. Thanks.
Yeah turns out that Monolith really went out of their to really optimize this game for the hardware.
Honestly, from a programming perspective, this game is super impressive. They found literally every conceivable way to crank the most out of the switch.
There's a Digital Foundry break down of a few of the tricks they used to get this game running on the console.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Ryujinx or Yuzu, right click Xenoblade 3, and select "Open Mods Directory". Each mod gets it's own folder:

For pchtxt mods:
\Disable Scaling\exefs\2.0.0.pchtxt (name should match the version it's modding)

For cheat code mods:
\Disable Scaling\cheats\8E18600222CE90C2.txt (name matches the BID of the version it's modding)

Ryujinx (not needed in Yuzu): Create this folder/file (this step may not be needed anymore):
\cheats\enabled.txt (blank file)

Ryujinx: You can turn cheat code mods on/off by right-clicking Xenoblade 3 and selecting "Manage Cheats", but pchtxt mods can not be disabled without deleting the files and restarting the emulator.

Yuzu: You can turn cheat code mods and pchtxt mods by rightclicking on the game, and selecting "Preferences", which will bring up a window where all the mods will have a checkbox to enable/disable them.

Last edited by edale,

WhistleBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Ryujinx, right click Xenoblade 3, and select "Open Mods Directory". Each mod gets it's own folder:

For pchtxt mods:
\Disable Scaling\exefs\2.0.0.pchtxt (name should match the version it's modding)

For cheat code mods:
\Disable Scaling\cheats\8E18600222CE90C2.txt (name matches the BID of the version it's modding)

Create this folder/file (this step may not be needed):
\cheats\enabled.txt (blank file)

You can turn cheat code mods on/off by right-clicking Xenoblade 3 and selecting "Manage Cheats", but pchtxt mods can not be disabled without deleting the files and restarting the emulator.

...It seems Ryujinx has updated how they handle mods and cheats a little since I last worked with them, and they're actually very similar to how to do things in Yuzu now, lol.
i'm kinda dumb so maybe i'll wait for a file to download instead. Tried what you suggested i messed it up somehow

SupaPat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[60 FPS Gameplay + 30 FPS Cutscene v2.0.0]
14060000 01BA0A98 00000001
08000000 01B41DB0 00000001 00000001
14060000 01BA0A98 00000000
08000000 01B41DB0 00000002 00000002

By @Hazerou Updated by @OldManKain
Thanks for this update!
Post automatically merged:

i'm kinda dumb so maybe i'll wait for a file to download instead. Tried what you suggested i messed it up somehow
Page 56 has a zip file for the mods and my post above has a quote of the update 60fps code.
(to update, just copy and paste that text using notepad)

In RyujinX:
1. Right click the game and cick open mod directory.
2. Dump the mod folders from the zip file into it.
3. Right click the game again and open manage cheats to select them.
4. Run game.

Last edited by SupaPat,

artofsinistry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else crashing at the cutscene post Matthew's PTSD moment in the beginning with the 60FPS mod enabled?? Narrowed it dwn to this mod on Ryujinx and Yuzu...

Anyone else crashing at the beginning cutscene with Matthew post PTSD roling in his bed? I only crash with the 60 FPS mod enabled -- Yuzu or Ryujinx

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Anyone else crashing at the cutscene post Matthew's PTSD moment in the beginning with the 60FPS mod enabled?? Narrowed it dwn to this mod on Ryujinx and Yuzu...

Anyone else crashing at the beginning cutscene with Matthew post PTSD roling in his bed? I only crash with the 60 FPS mod enabled -- Yuzu or Ryujinx
You're using the old one. This was already corrected with an updated 60fps cheat, look up. It seems the crashes were because the cheat was making cutscenes go into 60fps.

Benkai_Debussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using the old one. This was already corrected with an updated 60fps cheat, look up. It seems the crashes were because the cheat was making cutscenes go into 60fps.
Does anyone know why it's only now doing this? IIRC everything could be in 60fps with previous versions of the game.

reloxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
nevermind, discussion is useless with those guys.

i did no make the mods, I just collected them from different sources to provide packages.

i added cred notes, it was not my goal to remove them completely.

Last edited by reloxx,

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why it's only now doing this? IIRC everything could be in 60fps with previous versions of the game.
60 fps always caused xenoblade 3 problems in cutscenes.
Earlier versions of the mod (going back to before there was any dlc), the 60 fps mod had a toggle, where you'd hit a button combo to turn it on and off, so you could turn if off for cutscenes. After that they got a mod that switched itself off for cutscenes, so it could be set-and-forget. You can read all about it in the earlier pages of this thread.

f1sted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Got the dlc to work and played up to here after the old man mini boss near the beginning. After that cutscene, characters are frozen in place, can only look around. Anyone else has this issue? Got it in Yuzu and Ryujinx

Attachments

• xc3.jpg
    xc3.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by f1sted,

WhistleBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im trying Yuzu now because Ryujinx is stuttery as heck, and the mods don't seem to work. 60fps was working on Ryujinx but the stutter/freezing was unbearable. I installed the mods and checked them off in the Properties area of Yuzu, but 60fps doesnt seem to be working

• Sad
Reactions: reloxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1