Xeno GC working but what now?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Der_Blockbuster, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Where do you guys get your Mini DVD's?

What about this ? https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx
    Is this legit? 20 Bucks seems like a fair price!
    I mean im Happy that I got the Xeno GC chip working (it shows that its working when holding start)
    But my first try with a Verbatim Disc on my Black Gamecube didnt work well. I went from 160 Ohms to about 40 and decreasing it always about 10 Ohms but no luck.
    Is it the disk?

thank you :)

2. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I have used these in my GC w/ XenoGC installed, and using Imgburn they flat out work. The only time I had trouble was with an old drive. Switched to the drive in my laptop and 100% back in business. I didn't do any 'pot tweaking' on my GC, and I don't recommend you get too wild with it. Try to set it back to its original position and use a different burner before you write off the Verbatims you're using. But these work for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Duplicator-Grade-Silver-Spindle/dp/B0056BYHAM

3. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Which color is your GC?

4. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

[​IMG]

Last edited by Hanafuda, Feb 4, 2018
    Pineapples and Cosmic_Link like this.
  5. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Nice condition dude ^_^

Pineapples likes this.
  6. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Hi I'm just about to install a xeno into my console and was looking into which discs to use and found this thread. I can't seem to find Philips mini dvd-r disks you linked above available anywhere in the UK. Do you know of any other reliable discs to use that are available in UK at the moment?

7. Der_Blockbuster
    OP

Mar 2, 2016
    Germany
    Take a Look at Verbatims, I used them and they work pretty well. You can probably go with any mini dvd, you will have to lower the Laser's Poti a bit

Pineapples and alexander1970 like this.
  8. Zonark

Zonark Zonark - Noun - A God

Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    I would use a Blu-ray burner to burn the dvd minis usually cleaner burn

alexander1970 likes this.
  9. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    I got one, used Swiss to load backups, you need a 2gb SD to load swiss then a larger SD for the backups. Problem I had was I was lucky if I got 30mins gameplay before a crash, most cut-scenes would cause a crash, tried numerous settings and configs - Tbh the whole setup was a chore, constantly swapping SD cards! I think xeno is the way forward for backups on GC.

And thanks for the info on the disks, I always used verbatims back in the C4Xtreme CFW days on the 360!